Oh geez. Is it possible for bullies to gain more energy as they get older?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Because the 2 boys have been going at it non-stop for the past three and a half hours now. It's 10pm and I'm sleepy! :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek:.. I hope not! Because I was planning on Jake outgrowing his wild man attitude! And whatever you do..don't let [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] hear this! :begging: it might be too much for her to bear!! :laugh:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@savemejeebus ...have you tried drugging them into a sleeping stupor? Oh, i'm just kidding!! I can totally empathize with you. Mine are still pups though...so this crazy energy is to be expected...and i've heard that this hyped up craziness is "supposed to" taper down as they age. Right?? :begging:

I don't think my future downstairs neighbors can take any futher "gain" in my boys' energy! oh no...
And all i can say for you is...good luck and i hope you can catch your Zzzz tonight!

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
How old are they?My 3-year-old still plays around like a puppy... the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, though, so her energy peters out after.... 5 minutes. Lol.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
How old are they?My 3-year-old still plays around like a puppy... the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, though, so her energy peters out after.... 5 minutes. Lol.

hahahaha Same with Bea. When they really get into a rowdy play session, I know it's short-lived because Bea will peter out long before Bo does and when she don't want to play, the game STOPS.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH at 5 acts like a puppy for about 5 minutes a day when Lari comes home from work. That's it... rest of the time it's ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Please Please tell me they grow out of this. My two are crazy nuts lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I believe it is. :D Wilson now sprints on his walks all the way to the school track which is 1/2 mile ish and then back on the way home. I'm still at a disbelief how fast he walks now, lol.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas at 2 and a half, is still very playful. He just has spurts, he will play for a long time, then sleep for a long time afterwards.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Well, Winston was still hyper at 8 years. He never did out grow his puppy hood.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
On days when we are gone most the day we get home to rowdy pups and usually it slows down after a bit. Not since having Miila. I have sat there for a few hours thinking she would stop so I could sleep and she does not. lol. Eventually I sleep while they play all around me in the bed.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I had a similar question about that. Tubs just turned one. I anticipated him being energetic when we brought him home at 10 weeks old. He has been great when we are going about our regular day. When he is with Mommy he is hanging out and sleeps a lot (like he is doing right now on the couch as I use him as a pillow as I write this). When Daddy gets home he will go outside and run around and play and then come in and play some more in the house. He is great about calming down when it is time for bed. Since he has turned 1 he seems to have gotten a lot more energy. When we go places he gets amped up more than usual. He has started jumping up to get attention from people, which we are nipping in the butt right away! He also does his "air humping" more when he gets worked up and excited with different people coming around. I have no idea why he gets that excited! He is spoiled and knows he will be getting all the attention, so I don't know why he started jumping and "air humping!"

Most Reactions

Members online