Surgery went good. :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Just got the ok to get Miila. She is eating like a pig and doing great the dr said. She said her eye swelling has gone down a lot already too which is good. Also I had told her she doesnt like meds and will spit them out nomatter what I try so she tried it mixed with wet food, she grubbed it down. SO anyone with this issue this is good to know. Never woulda thought of that since I never feed canned ever.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a relief. Eating like a pig would be like music to my ears. I can breathe easy now. Give her a hug for me.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Bulldogs do not live long enough to need the palate surgery twice. It does grow back slowly, like over a 10 year period.

Good news that she is hungry . Peanut butter also works well for giving pills.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Peanut butter works great for my boys but Miila is special and can seperate the pill out. Cheese also does not work with her. Lol. I am thinking. Scrambled egg might also be a good one. We will see. She is home now and snoring in her crate.

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so happy Milla is home and doing well :)
What a relief!

What about those pill pocket liver treats? i used these before for Finn and he's pretty suspicious about these things but took those w/out a problem.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so happy Milla is home and doing well :)
What a relief!

What about those pill pocket liver treats? i used these before for Finn and he's pretty suspicious about these things but took those w/out a problem.

I havent gotten that far but was thinking I might need them. havent tried hot dog yet either. I am sure all these things will work for a minute but she is smart anc catches on quick. Peanut butter worked for a few days before she started cleaning it. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I havent gotten that far but was thinking I might need them. havent tried hot dog yet either. I am sure all these things will work for a minute but she is smart anc catches on quick. Peanut butter worked for a few days before she started cleaning it. lol

Never fails === lactose free vanilla ice cream. Neither of them have ever turned it down nor realize there are pills in the middle

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson use to be good at separating hidden pills from the treat till I started using cream cheese. Works like a charm. Only down side? He drools like crazy while he's waiting and I have clean the floor every time. At least he always sits in the same spot in the kitchen everytime.

01ee0b14.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], sorry better late than never...I am so glad everything went well for the both of you!! :whew: Did you figure out the pills? Vegas I swear would just eat a pill if I gave it to him, I do wrap cheese around. First I give him a peice of plain cheese, the second bite always contains the pill.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
How's the patient patient today? Sorry I'm late to the thread, but glad to hear all the good news. And I hadn't known they can grow back either.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Patient is doing very well so far. Has been in her crate most the time. We let her out until she gets a little too comfortable and rough so then back in. We put her cone on and she doesnt know what to do with it, just stands there frozen, afraid to bump into everything. haha Had it off most the day until bedtime last night anyhow. I used hot dog last night which worked like a charm. BUT I am sure it is a matter of time before she figures it out. Thanks for all the great ideas tho, ice cream. cream cheese? Never woulda thought! Her 1 med she takes is a treat type, why they dont make hem all this way is beyond me.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.