Surgery went good. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Dr just called and said all is well and she is doing very well now. Not making any sounds or snoring right now so they have to kinda check that she is still alive. lol Which is funny cuz she is the loudest bully I have ever heard SO I am guessing maybe the soft pallet surgery will have helped this. I hoped it would but didnt expect it to so we will see. I did ask that they keep her over night even tho dr said she is fine to go home this evening. WHEW! She said there is a lot of swelling with cherry eye surgery and is normal. Just checking with anyone else who knows of this to be right? [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]? Probably feels so abandoned tho. Hope they are spoiling her.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
That's awesome news. Aww, imagine if the surgery did go really well and she doesn't snore anymore. You know you'll miss that. :)

Stig's eye took about a couple of weeks until the swelling disappeared. We actually had to massage it back in the end and it hasn't come back ever since. Can't remember, did she have it removed or tacked?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Dr just called and said all is well and she is doing very well now. Not making any sounds or snoring right now so they have to kinda check that she is still alive. lol Which is funny cuz she is the loudest bully I have ever heard SO I am guessing maybe the soft pallet surgery will have helped this. I hoped it would but didnt expect it to so we will see. I did ask that they keep her over night even tho dr said she is fine to go home this evening. WHEW! She said there is a lot of swelling with cherry eye surgery and is normal. Just checking with anyone else who knows of this to be right? [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]? Probably feels so abandoned tho. Hope they are spoiling her.[/

yes Moe had swelling for several weeks actually... I thought it would never get back to normal, and actually it never did 100%, but it is much better than right after surgery, and no more cherry eye

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Glad your little girl is doing good...lots of spoiling and love for being such a brave girl!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good to hear everything went well, and she is resting. Bet you will be glad when she gets home. Thanks for the update.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy to hear all went well... when Nitshcke had his pallet reduction - the snoring was not as loud, but he did still snore.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so glad it went well! Hope for a speedy recovery, prayers and hugs, loads of them, coming your way :heart:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So happy to hear that all went well...wishing your baby a speedy recovery!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a relief for it to be over. I don't know how I'd handle it. Maybe I'd go to Disneland all day. Haha! The happiest place on earth. Wonder what it'll be like her not snoring. Do you think she'll be lightheaded with all that uninhibited air she'll be taking in now? Maybe she'll be super energized. That's such a fun thing to think about. My Wilson snores every night and I'm use to hearing it. He had his cherry eye fixed as a puppy so I don't recall any redness for very long. His cherry eye was tacked. All I know is he still needs drops in that eye to keep it moist. Well I hope when you bring her home that she makes a quick recovery. I think if it were my BabyGirl I'd sleep right next to her like I use to with my skin kid when she was sick so I could check on her all night. Best wishes and hugs to you.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
What a relief for it to be over. I don't know how I'd handle it. Maybe I'd go to Disneland all day. Haha! The happiest place on earth. Wonder what it'll be like her not snoring. Do you think she'll be lightheaded with all that uninhibited air she'll be taking in now? Maybe she'll be super energized. That's such a fun thing to think about. My Wilson snores every night and I'm use to hearing it. He had his cherry eye fixed as a puppy so I don't recall any redness for very long. His cherry eye was tacked. All I know is he still needs drops in that eye to keep it moist. Well I hope when you bring her home that she makes a quick recovery. I think if it were my BabyGirl I'd sleep right next to her like I use to with my skin kid when she was sick so I could check on her all night. Best wishes and hugs to you.

Lets hope the energy isnt more with the oxygen. haha I dont think that is possible and if it is we are in trouble! Now we are waiting on the call this morning to go get her.
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] we had it tacked, not removed. I dont think that most vets even recommend removing anymore these days unless they need to. [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] Moes eye still isnt back to 100%? Oh well that is fine so long as she can see straight and not have to look arond that bubble I suppose. Dr did say it will take quite some time for the seam part to heal up. No stitches at all which is nice, we wont have to have anything removed thankfully. That always makes me cringe. The amazing thing to me is she has only been here a couple months and yet I :heart: her as if she has been here for years. I even cried a little after I dropped her off. Mama is a sap! haha

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I'm so glad all went well with Miila's surgery. Regarding the snoring reduction, as the tissue grows back the snoring will return and gradually get louder over the years!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so glad all went well with Miila's surgery. Regarding the snoring reduction, as the tissue grows back the snoring will return and gradually get louder over the years!
I did not know it grew back. Have bullies ever had to have the surgery 2x? The snoring surely doesnt bother me, I am used to it anyhow. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online