dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thoughts on fostering/ getting second dog

OK so I have been kicking around the idea of fostering for a while now. I have talked to a few people about it and have have some temporary fosters in my home before. The only issue I can't seem to come to a conclusion on is whether or not it's a good idea for Tyson. Tyson is fine with other dogs except he has no interest in them at all. He goes to the dog park and to my dads who has dogs he is not aggressive at all and has good dog manners. After a customary sniff he is over it. I just wonder after almost 8 years of no attention is it fair to ask him to share his home and family with another dog?

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HHmmm... not sure, it is hard to say since I do not know the dynamic of the household. Guess, it is best to think of how the family currently interacts with him and also consider the new baby coming in a couple months. If Tyson really does not interact much, it nay not matter if there is another dog around, or it could pull him out of his shell and have him interact more

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I might give Tyson a few months to get used to the new baby..your world will be very different. Then after you settle in and Tyson feels more comfortable..go for it! I just think that's a lot for a new mommy!

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
I have thought about fostering as well! I am just worried I'll get too attached and not want to let the bully go!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I don't think Tyson, from what you have said about him, is truly settled in and completely at ease in his new home yet.... Its only been what? 2 months or so? I'd advise giving it more time. And like the others have said, with the new baby coming you will have enough on your hands without having another dog. Just my 2 cents worth.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] I have to agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] You are getting ready for one full plate of life, waiting a little bit longer until the baby is born will only help in the long run. You have much love to give and seem anxious to give it. The little life you are carrying right now is gonna give you all that and more, patience is a virtue. We love you here. And right now you have the time for us, soon you may not have so much of that time and then we will be here, wondering where the heck is she? The foster you receive may not be so baby friendly. :smoochwink: just my two cents , we care very much

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I agree with you all as far as waiting till after the baby comes. Even then I still don't know. The bf wants a puppy again and I shot that down quick. Honestly my main concern isnt if I'll be able to handle it I babysit my 2 month old nephew now and manage ok. Yeah I know theres a differing between babysitting and having a baby. But I worry more about Tysons mental health lol. Idk another dog may keep him company or it may make him feel he has to compete. I guess there really isn't a way to tell .

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with everyone else, in waiting till after the new baby comes and everything gets settled in. I just think it would be too much on your plate and would not be fair to you or them. Tyson will be OK, let him get used to the new baby first. That is my two cents worth. If we all keep putting in our two cents worth, you will have enough for lunch.:ROFL:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I have to agree with everyone on this. Is it a good idea yes but not right now. I do think Ty needs more time to settle in and you need time with him and your new baby. Take time to bond with what you will have then when you have settled in with a routine for baby and Ty then sure go for it. Now you have enough money for lunch go eat lol

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I agree with everyone else. Wait till after new baby. Get Tyson and baby bonded and Tyson feeling more secure. Then go for it. Now you have enough for a drink to add to lunch. Non acoholic of course lol

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1930]LaurieLolaandMojo[/MENTION] How many more opinions will it take to have a glass of wine:lol:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.