Dozer wants to go to Disneyland

DozerWA

Sep 3, 2011
Marysville, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello All,

We are planning a trip to Disneyland next spring with the 2 legged children. I was hoping to take Dozer with us, but we will be traveling in a truck. He will have to be in a crate in the bed of the truck, and the trip will likely take two days (Seattle to LA). We have family down there so there wont be an issue once we get there. I'm looking for imput if this is a good idea to take him with us.

Thanks

Doz

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Is there a shell on the back of your truck? If not I personally would not be comfortable with the idea. The what ifs come into play and make me anxious.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I myself would not be comfortable with him in the back of the truck either, just because it would be hard to see if he is getting too hot. Put hubby in the back and you, the kids and Dozer in front. hahaha just sayin'

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I agree..maybe you could rent a van or vehicle so you can ALL travel together..inside! Probably be cheaper than boarding him!

Great idea, Becky!

Also, I'm not sure how big the truck cab is, but can he fit in the space between the seats? Bullie's favorite spot in the van is on the floor behind the seat where my husband sits. My husband is 6'2" and so he pushes his seat all the way back so that the space between the back of the seat and the 2nd row seat is just big enough to fit her barrel of a body. I guess it makes her feel like she's in a den or something, especially, since my kid would lay his feet over her back. It might become a bit uncomfortable for the kids though if they're "adult-sized" especially for a 2-day trip... so yeah, Becky's idea is the best all around.

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I myself would not be comfortable with him in the back of the truck either, just because it would be hard to see if he is getting too hot. Put hubby in the back and you, the kids and Dozer in front. hahaha just sayin'

Ahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa! That's what I was thinking! He can handle the weather better than Dozer. :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah, I agree with every one else... no to the back of the truck if it is an open bed. Too many bad visions are coming into my head

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online