Miila's surgery is tomorrow.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so anxious at the thought. My boys have been neutered for almost 5 years now so having to go thru a surgery again is just making me crazy. I talked to the vet on the phone last week who is doing the procedure and she is sure being so young and healthy she will heal fine but having all 3 things done at once makes me sad for her. Spay, cherry eye and soft pallet. Will be dropping her off tomorrow early so I will be an anxious mess all day.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Praying for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. If Miila is anything like Stig, she'll be hyped up right when she sees you in the clinic.

We'll be a total mess with you. :hug: What time will the vet be able to call for a follow-up?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure yet. I will get details tomorrow. She did say she might choose to keep her overnight having all 3 at once. It just depends on how she is. This is a 24 hour facility tho so I almost would prefer her to stay knowing she will be well cared for and safe.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]

Good Luck with the surgery tomorrow....
and stock up on Chocolate and Dunkin Donts coffee for the day..!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She will be fine..:hug:.. But I soooo understand. I would want her to stay the night too...girls are different than the boys with the spay surgery. I bet she spends the night. At least by having it ALL done at once..you and she will only be going thru this once!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will keep her in our thoughts, we will be waiting on the good news when it is over.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers and hugs to Mila... you will be in my thoughts all day tomorrow. and, I agree with you... ask that she stay the night - peace of mind she is with those that can care for her if the need arises.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Prayers headed your way.

Dunkin Donuts. [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] Id rather have Timbits. Yummy. Miss those.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Been a busy morning so this is the first I have gotten back online. No word yet from dr so I am anxious. Was so sad and guilty dropping her off like that. I am a wimp. lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
**sending good thoughts**
I'm sure she's fine and will be recovering nicely this evening. A big step to a healther, long life for Miila. Boy I know she'll be happy to see you when you come to pick her up. They always act like you've been gone for a decade. hahahahahahaha

Yesterday, my vet was telling me a story about a neuter he did on a EB male who happened to be Nicole, the vet tech's brother's dog. (Get all that?) Anyway, the dog had what he thought was the WORST breathing he's ever seen on ANY smoosh faced dog. He says this guy huffs and puffs just standing still. So after the surgery, they left the trach tube in, just to make sure he could breath ok in recovery while he was coming out of the anethesia. He showed me a picture of him. There he is, sitting in his crate all perky, looking around with a tube sticking out of his mouth. Dr. Terry thought the bulldog must have been saying, "Man! I can breathe better than ever! This is GREAT! My brain is so full of oxygen right now!! Wooooo!!!" Our poor bullies! They do have the issues don't they? God love em.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha thats funny. Well Miila was not happy to see me. Now I think it was the cone on her because she is happy at home with it off. At Drs I thought she was mad at me cuz she didnt hardly look at me. :*(

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.