crate recommendation?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok guys I dont use crates with my boys BUT Miila is getting her surgeries tomorrow, spay, cherry eye and soft pallet. I am very anxious about her healing process since she is a wild baby. Anyhow I think the safest thing for her is a crate. So I am asking what type I should be looking at for her. I do think she needs one in general anyhow cuz she is always searching for a cubby or some safe place to go lay down so I think she will love it long term as well as after surgery. I wanna make sure I get a good one so please help. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I did a ton of pricing..sizing..etc.. I found Wal mart has the best prices by far! The size recommended for full grown bullies was 36 inches.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I agree. Walmart is the cheapest.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok very good on that now what kind? Here is a non-link to their online page of crates.
walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=crates&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=5440
I am liking the medium pet gear deluxe steal crate or the petnation dogaport. Am I crazy? Should I just stick with a plain wire one?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have the foldable 2-door steel one for Stig. Love it. It's similar to what you prefer.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I have the foldable 2-door steel one for Stig. Love it. It's similar to what you prefer.
Thanks, now lets hope they have the size I need right? Like you said [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I will get what they have for me to get. Didnt think of that.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes..the one I got from walmart..folds flat and has the removable divider panel! I paid like $40.. Petsmart has exact same one for $90!!exact!
:blink: SO glad you told me to go to walmart cuz knowing me I would have gone to petco and got it. WOW!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That sounds like the ones we use, two door steel or wire crates. Our bullies stay cooler in them.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jenn..I saw it at petsmart after I bought it..I told the petsmart people and they laughed at me! I was like..ohhhh you LIKE screwing all us poor fools! :cursing: I am NOT a huge fan of walmart..but after that..I usually check there first!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Our guys like the 2 door wire (steel) crates too. They like that they can see out of them. Ruggles chewed on both liners so we covered plywood with carpet for them to sleep on! Their crates are their houses!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.