brixton pulled off an 8 hour work shift in his crate today.

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
I've been working with him fastidiously in his crate and have been able to come home on lunch brakes to take him out of his crate. today I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it home from work during my break. I had to choose between using the exercise pen and taking a step back in his potty training or seeing if he could handle 8 1/2 hours in the crate. So far he's handled 4-6 hours with me at work. and 8 hours down over night. I was rooting for him the whole time I was at work. Around 6 hours I started getting finicky wondering if he was alright or if we was sad sitting in his pee. I raced home to find him in a dry crate and got him outside giving him plenty of praise. He went pee pretty quickly. He wasn't up for pooping so I brought him is for a bowl of chow and then he went out and handled his business like a champ. Tonight he got some great play time in a nice grassy complex near out place. He was excited about all the dew on the grass and me bringing his new tug toy to play with. we're calming down inside right now and I think he's ready to go to sleep.

I'm pretty impressed by what this amazing little 10 week old can do. I can't wait for after work tomorrow we're gonna go out for a special dinner to celebrate his 10 weeks and his success in his crate.

-Loki

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That's pretty darned amazing [MENTION=3327]hooligan[/MENTION]. I would have been like you...wondering...worrying at hour six....hahahahahahaha

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
That's super that he did so well already! :clap: However just remember he is still just a baby, and things are constantly changing with his body for now, so he might have an accident at some point in the future still. But if you are both really lucky he won't. Oh.....and :pics: ;)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Thats awesome.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:) Way to go Brixton, you're such a big boy now! Curious what his special dinner's going to be ... did someone say steak? lol.

OP
H

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
In portland there are a few restaurants/pubs with outdoor patios that you can eat at with your pets. They have dog menus, but I've never looked at one since I didn't have a reason to. I'm sure he'll end up with something like chicken and rice.

Yeah I don't expect him to do 8 hours on a regular basis yet. I am still heading home on my lunch today to take him out for a walk and a little play time.

I'll try to borrow a camera from my room mate.

-Loki

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great job Brixton, hard to believe a 10 week old held it that long. Good job little guy.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
GREAT JOB BRIXTON AND LOKI!

Looks like the potty training is going really well! That's awesome for a not-even-10-week-old-yet!

If he can hold it in a crate, chances are, he can hold it in the play yard soon. I cringe when a dog is in the crate for more than 4-6 hours at a stretch. They really need the movement/stimuli especially at that young age. So yeah, Brixton... you can do it buddy! Especially with the promise of a special dinner date! Play-yard, here we come! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.