Thread: brixton pulled off an 8 hour work shift in his crate today.

Default brixton pulled off an 8 hour work shift in his crate today.

I've been working with him fastidiously in his crate and have been able to come home on lunch brakes to take him out of his crate. today I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it home from work during my break. I had to choose between using the exercise pen and taking a step back in his potty training or seeing if he could handle 8 1/2 hours in the crate. So far he's handled 4-6 hours with me at work. and 8 hours down over night. I was rooting for him the whole time I was at work. Around 6 hours I started getting finicky wondering if he was alright or if we was sad sitting in his pee. I raced home to find him in a dry crate and got him outside giving him plenty of praise. He went pee pretty quickly. He wasn't up for pooping so I brought him is for a bowl of chow and then he went out and handled his business like a champ. Tonight he got some great play time in a nice grassy complex near out place. He was excited about all the dew on the grass and me bringing his new tug toy to play with. we're calming down inside right now and I think he's ready to go to sleep.

I'm pretty impressed by what this amazing little 10 week old can do. I can't wait for after work tomorrow we're gonna go out for a special dinner to celebrate his 10 weeks and his success in his crate.

-Loki
    *disclaimer*
    If you decide that you want to fallow any training advice that I give please take the due diligence to inform yourself on the proper techniques and methods for safe and humane use of the products that I recommend. Find a good local trainer that can help teach you how to implement these tools and crate a better bond between you and your loved furry family.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: brixton pulled off an 8 hour work shift in his crate today.

I'm so loving your relationship with little Brixton.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

That's pretty darned amazing @hooligan. I would have been like you...wondering...worrying at hour six....hahahahahahaha

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

That's super that he did so well already! However just remember he is still just a baby, and things are constantly changing with his body for now, so he might have an accident at some point in the future still. But if you are both really lucky he won't. Oh.....and

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thats awesome.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Way to go Brixton, you're such a big boy now! Curious what his special dinner's going to be ... did someone say steak? lol.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

In portland there are a few restaurants/pubs with outdoor patios that you can eat at with your pets. They have dog menus, but I've never looked at one since I didn't have a reason to. I'm sure he'll end up with something like chicken and rice.

Yeah I don't expect him to do 8 hours on a regular basis yet. I am still heading home on my lunch today to take him out for a walk and a little play time.

I'll try to borrow a camera from my room mate.

-Loki
    *disclaimer*
    If you decide that you want to fallow any training advice that I give please take the due diligence to inform yourself on the proper techniques and methods for safe and humane use of the products that I recommend. Find a good local trainer that can help teach you how to implement these tools and crate a better bond between you and your loved furry family.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

for that great guy Brixton! .. I'm wondering if some"special dinner" might be toooo much for him..it might "BACKFIRE" on you!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Great job Brixton, hard to believe a 10 week old held it that long. Good job little guy.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

GREAT JOB BRIXTON AND LOKI!

Looks like the potty training is going really well! That's awesome for a not-even-10-week-old-yet!

If he can hold it in a crate, chances are, he can hold it in the play yard soon. I cringe when a dog is in the crate for more than 4-6 hours at a stretch. They really need the movement/stimuli especially at that young age. So yeah, Brixton... you can do it buddy! Especially with the promise of a special dinner date! Play-yard, here we come!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Remove Ads