Anyone done canine good citizen??

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We just graduated from our "self control" obedience format tonight....although, that does seem a bit ironic since I posted earlier about a bulldog with very little self control at home!

Anyway, we were taking a break from classes until after the holidays, but our next format is CGC.

Has anyone here completed it? This was my goal from the get go, but now I'm kind of nervous.

How did it go with a bully?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My bullies have not done the class... but, when I worked at a dog daycare facility they also have training classes and CGC is one of them. One of the best students was an English Bulldog named 'Barney'... he was awesome and very entertaining. as, when he needed to not react to a "stranger" it took every muscle in his little tank body to not wiggle that butt while sitting in place.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I would sure like to be able to pass that test with both of these guys. We are no where near that, letmetellyou. Someday!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We haven't done that, but Tubs is a S.T.A.R. Puppy. That is AKCs puppy version of the CGC. We continued on with training with the same facility, but I did not like the basic obedience class at all. My goal for Tubs is to be a therapy dog. I am also going to wait until after the holidays to start in, full force, on his training. I will be leaving my current job location and working less hours, so that will open up my nights more to be able to focus on him. He has been doing great with any training I do with him at home, so I don't think it will be a problem, just dedication on my part. Where I plan on taking him for his Therapy dog training they also do CGC certs. there, so we might do that as well!

Most Reactions