It's time for death cuddles!

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
Did I mention that I'm allergic to Brixton? He loves killing me with death cuddles. I eyes get teary and itchy. I just can't resist burying my face into his fur. My hands have a moderate eczema breakout. It's totally worth it though. I'm over exposing myself so that my body adjusts to him and my reactions will become very mild and manageable.

-Loki

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Never met anyone allergic to dogs. Did you know this before getting Brixton? Usually we talk about our dogs having allergies on the forum and not the other way around. Are you able to cope with it using antihistamines? Brixton is such a cutie I would find it impossible to resist cuddling him. :yes:

OP
H

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
I have eczema and I knew that I would have some reaction. It was pretty intense when I first got him home, but my system is getting used to it. I don't use antihistamines. I don't have sinus allergies to dogs. It's all pretty much a skin reaction. He is a cutey and I don't mind the allergies. tomorrow is gonna be 1 week home with me. Unfortunately I'll be at work for 12 hours, but the roommate will be playing with him before she goes to work.

-Loki

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Man, I'd battle allergies and eczema for a bulldog myself. Years ago, my sister's loser boyfriend was allergic to her cat...so what did she do? Get rid of the cat. (me and grandma have it) I'd have ditched the boyfriend.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My 24 year old son is allergic to Vegas, his fur makes my son get hives, and if Vegas scratches him while playing, he will also break out in hives. Good thing my son lives in his own house, it would be a hard decision between which one to get rid of :lmao:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My 7 year old granddaughter is allergic to Jake! It kills me! She comes over and of course Jake loves her to death! Her eyes start the itchy..burning ..along with sneezing came as a shock to us! She has dogs at her house and we've ALWAYS had dogs..so this was "out of the blue"!!! We are hoping exposure will take care if it...weird Bulldog hair does this!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
There is something about the bulldog fur cuz they make me itch like crazy and get hives too. I am not allergic to dogs, never have been ever. BUT If I snuggle and get slobbery kisses oh my gosh I get so itchy. I have many friends who come over and have the same reaction. Mugsy's fur does not do the same. Didnt stop me from getting another bully tho! Luckily it isnt in my eyes or anything just my skin.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i have severe allergies...all types...i knew when i got them i would have issues....i don't let them lick me because i will get hives...i also will get hives if their fur directly touches my skin for long periods of time...i'm very careful about petting and touching my eyes. i have a cat that i am worse with...she can set me off into a full blown sneezing, eye swelling attack. but i wouldn't get rid of them just for that...i can take benadryl to if it gets bad. if i wanted to suck it up for a couple of years i could get shots but there is no guarentee that they would work because my allergies are so severe.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Bulldog hair doesn't bother me and I have bad allergies to lots of things. I'm not allergic to dogs..but I'm really allergic to rabbits, grass, weeds, etc. I however always get a bad reaction whenever I'm around a Westie dog! Not sure why.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, interesting to hear this because I am not allergic to dogs but when I cuddle with the bullies, I get hives too.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
well just incase you decide you can't handle it.....we can go ahead and make the arrangements and I will be there to get him asap :hahaha: Just kidding, good luck and hope you adjust quickly, he is irresistable :)

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
Say it ain't so! My Granny just got done preaching at me about animals causing dermatitis & this that & the other. She's been saying that forever now b/c my kids both deal with bouts of eczema and other various skin irritations. I told her she was a crazy old lady who doesn't like animals. :tease: (not really) But she may have been right?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.