how much should my bulldog weight ?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
chucky is 5 months old and he is 37 pounds..is that too much?? what was your bullie weight around that age ? IMG_2795.jpgIMG_6637.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Honestly I don't remember but Chucky looks great!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes. No where is that more obvious than with my dynamic duo. The unknowing will frequently ask, "Are those dogs BOTH English Bulldogs?"

brcjzl

Jul 7, 2011
Canfield, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Liam, (Bailey RIP 05/22/2011)
Your dog is on target. Liam is now 38 pounds at 6.5 months but he was born with a liver shunt. He didn't eat a lot before his surgery at 15 weeks.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Bulldogs come in all shapes and sizes. No where is that more obvious than with my dynamic duo. The unknowing will frequently ask, "Are those dogs BOTH English Bulldogs?"

Because I can be a smart-A at times, I'd end up replying that one is English and the other is British. LOL

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Because I can be a smart-A at times, I'd end up replying that one is English and the other is British. LOL

hahahahaha I'll remember that.

[MENTION=2722]brcjzl[/MENTION] - I'm so happy to hear Liam is doing well. Wonderful news.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Dexter was 53lb (24kg)at 5 month's, he's always been a big boy ! He's now over 70lb at 15 months. Think all bullies differ so much, dependant on thier lines. :) though they gain weight the fastest in the first six months, then slow down.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'd say he's doing just fine.

Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. Libra's Orion is like 34 lbs..my Delilah is about 40.. and then we have others that are above 60 or 70. Just depends!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
The AKC breed standard is between 45-55lbs adult weight, but this doesn't mean your dog will fall in that range.

The guesstimate to your question is to look at your bully's parents. Take the average of the adult weight of both parents. At 5 months old, your bully would be somewhere around half the average weight of his parents. They normally go through a giant growth spurt at around 6 months to a year where they reach almost adult size and then slowly stabilize to their adult weight so that by the time they're 18 months old, they're pretty much done growing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chucky looks GREAT.... every dog is different, but he seems to be right on track to be a nice 55-60 lber.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks great, I would say perfect shape. I do not pay that much attention to weight, because they are all different, I go more by look. You should not be able to see ribs, but can feel them it you press on their side and should have a waist. Looks like he is right on track, and he is adorable.

Wrigley

Jun 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
Mr Wriggers is now 21 months (almost full grown) and he is a solid 52.5lbs :D When I took him to vet in may he said he was the best weight on a bulldog he had seen. Doesn't help I guess since he had just finished with a 6 year old bully that weighed over 100lbs:blink: He would know though since a lot of bullies go there since he has a lot of experience with bulldogs. People see Wrigley and say he is fat:bully:Wrigley gets offended. He is very active and does not have any fat on him except for his loose wrinkly skin :yes: Chucky looks great though...

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
[MENTION=2030]HuddysBuddy[/MENTION] and I used to (and still do) obsess over this topic. These days it's because we show, but back when he was a puppy, we didn't want him to be overweight. This is just my personal opinion, I'm not a vet, but if your pup is healthy, has that typical bulldog "pear shape" and you can still see the ribs but they're not sticking out, and he can do everything a healthy pup should, then things are probably fine. Looks great, by the way!!! :) Sooo handsome!If I could go back to Hudson at that age and give me advice, I would say "Everything's going to fine, just enjoy puppyhood and don't worry about it."The more you care about having a healthy bully the more likely you won't have a "tootsie roll" in the future. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.