Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much should my bulldog weight ?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: how much should my bulldog weight ?

Mr Wriggers is now 21 months (almost full grown) and he is a solid 52.5lbs When I took him to vet in may he said he was the best weight on a bulldog he had seen. Doesn't help I guess since he had just finished with a 6 year old bully that weighed over 100lbs He would know though since a lot of bullies go there since he has a lot of experience with bulldogs. People see Wrigley and say he is fatWrigley gets offended. He is very active and does not have any fat on him except for his loose wrinkly skin Chucky looks great though...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

@HuddysBuddy and I used to (and still do) obsess over this topic. These days it's because we show, but back when he was a puppy, we didn't want him to be overweight. This is just my personal opinion, I'm not a vet, but if your pup is healthy, has that typical bulldog "pear shape" and you can still see the ribs but they're not sticking out, and he can do everything a healthy pup should, then things are probably fine. Looks great, by the way!!! Sooo handsome!If I could go back to Hudson at that age and give me advice, I would say "Everything's going to fine, just enjoy puppyhood and don't worry about it."The more you care about having a healthy bully the more likely you won't have a "tootsie roll" in the future.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Rodriguez View Post
    chucky is 5 months old and he is 37 pounds..is that too much?? what was your bullie weight around that age ?Attachment 13633Attachment 13634
    No i think thats about right, my bully is weighin in at 43 pounds and he turned 5 months 2 weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads