Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buster INHALES his food!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Buster INHALES his food!

Ruggles inhales his food also. Even when I feed him 1 kibble at a time he swallows it without chewing. @JAKEISGREAT will the feeding ball encourage him to chew?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Yes..my Jake was soo bad at this..he threw up and acted like he couldn't breathe. I got a feeding ball off Amazon that goes in his bowl and he has to eat around it while it moves so he HAS to slow down! Has worked beautifully! They have slow feeding bowls too..but most of them were plastic and I really wanted to stick with stainless. It's important for you to do something because this could possibly lead to bloat and that;s very serious..in fact some dogs have died....good news is..its an easy and cheap fix!
    I got one of these for Roscoe too and it has REALLY slowed him down. He was gulping and choking to the point that I would have to fish wads of kibble out of his throat. I tried the water thing with him but then he just wouldn't eat (of course that's just my experience with it). The food ball was a life saver for me.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Bubba does the same thing. Got a slow feed plastic bowl with compartments. It help some. It takes him maybe 30 sec longer than before1

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    Ruggles inhales his food also. Even when I feed him 1 kibble at a time he swallows it without chewing. @JAKEISGREAT will the feeding ball encourage him to chew?
    Alice...his kibble is sooo tiny I think it's hard for him to chew it! So that I doubt..but I do notice he takes about the same amount of time as my Dena dog...and she's a "normal" eater! I've tried the 1/2 now and wait for other 1/2..but he still scarfs what little bit he gets. The ball moves around and is constantly in his way so he has no choice!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, Becky, I will get one for Ruggles!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i often wonder about sarah to. she eats so fast sometimes and does choke sometimes though only very rarely. i looked at the special feeding bowls and they were plastic so didnt really want to do that so the ball maybe something i will try @JAKEISGREAT thanks. also i have heard that some kibble should not have water on it. something about some kibbles having citric acid in the kibble and not supposed to add water to it. just a thought not sure how true it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads