OMG it finally happened!!!

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
[MENTION=2277]Suzy2[/MENTION], I can not count the times we have put Vegas down to correct his behavior. I have held him down for minutes at a time for him to just stand up and resume position of humping again. I had a Christmas party at my house last year and I actually had to keep a harness and leash on Vegas throughout the whole party so he would not "hump" my guest. Now that was a pain in my A*S!!! but it worked. I would just give him a quick jerk and he would sit down.
 I can imagine  he does look like he has a determined character, but gorgeous with it :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Humping is a form of domination, unfortunately getting him neutered will not stop this behaviour IMO. You need to assert your authority and tell him it's unacceptable. Next time he tries, stand above him and hold him down to the floor with the back of his neck. ( just like his canine momma would do) until he calms down.
Oh they get held to the floor quite often. I don't tolerate too much with either of them. They also play pretty rough and I've been breaking that up purposely since they were pups (they're only 10 & 11 months now). Sometimes I hold them down for a seconds and others it's a quite let me remind you who's boss. That's great advise though! :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
WARNING---WARNING--WARNING!!!!!!!!!!, I know from PERSONAL experience....Just because you get Wilson neutered, DOES NOT mean he will stop this behavior!!! :eek: ....BUT, maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. Vegas is 2 and a half and STILL im a Hump-meister and he was neutered at 4 months.
I recall your stories and actually Vegas pops in my mind on his humping from time to time. Our dog that passed this year used to LOVE my sister. Not sure what it was but whenever she visited he got quite excited. I didn't allow him to you know what but oh man he would leave her side......

gmaboman

Mar 5, 2011
Vandalia, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Chugz
Sorry to give you the news but our 2 yr bully was neutured long ago and still has plenty hump fest on our legs. they are so determined it's difficult to get him to stop. Worth a good laugh though, gotta love them!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.