Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG it finally happened!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter & Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: OMG it finally happened!!!

Humping is a form of domination, unfortunately getting him neutered will not stop this behaviour IMO. You need to assert your authority and tell him it's unacceptable. Next time he tries, stand above him and hold him down to the floor with the back of his neck. ( just like his canine momma would do) until he calms down.
    x Susan x

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

omg let the humping being sarah tries to hump me sometimes and i stop her. and yes boys will hump after being neutered as i had one try to hump my friend when i went to her house and they do it at the worst times. we were watching the super bowl with some friends and their small children were over. well one was on the floor trying to play with sarah and what does she do? i look and she is humping that child for all shes worth. talk about embarrassing. i had to make her quit. thank goodness they were good sports about it and laughed.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@Suzy2, I can not count the times we have put Vegas down to correct his behavior. I have held him down for minutes at a time for him to just stand up and resume position of humping again. I had a Christmas party at my house last year and I actually had to keep a harness and leash on Vegas throughout the whole party so he would not "hump" my guest. Now that was a pain in my A*S!!! but it worked. I would just give him a quick jerk and he would sit down.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter & Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @Suzy2, I can not count the times we have put Vegas down to correct his behavior. I have held him down for minutes at a time for him to just stand up and resume position of humping again. I had a Christmas party at my house last year and I actually had to keep a harness and leash on Vegas throughout the whole party so he would not "hump" my guest. Now that was a pain in my A*S!!! but it worked. I would just give him a quick jerk and he would sit down.
     I can imagine  he does look like he has a determined character, but gorgeous with it
    x Susan x

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy2 View Post
    Humping is a form of domination, unfortunately getting him neutered will not stop this behaviour IMO. You need to assert your authority and tell him it's unacceptable. Next time he tries, stand above him and hold him down to the floor with the back of his neck. ( just like his canine momma would do) until he calms down.
    Oh they get held to the floor quite often. I don't tolerate too much with either of them. They also play pretty rough and I've been breaking that up purposely since they were pups (they're only 10 & 11 months now). Sometimes I hold them down for a seconds and others it's a quite let me remind you who's boss. That's great advise though!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    WARNING---WARNING--WARNING!!!!!!!!!!, I know from PERSONAL experience....Just because you get Wilson neutered, DOES NOT mean he will stop this behavior!!! ....BUT, maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. Vegas is 2 and a half and STILL im a Hump-meister and he was neutered at 4 months.
    I recall your stories and actually Vegas pops in my mind on his humping from time to time. Our dog that passed this year used to LOVE my sister. Not sure what it was but whenever she visited he got quite excited. I didn't allow him to you know what but oh man he would leave her side......

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chugz
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to give you the news but our 2 yr bully was neutured long ago and still has plenty hump fest on our legs. they are so determined it's difficult to get him to stop. Worth a good laugh though, gotta love them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads