Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Ok, so Matilda's birthday is coming in December. Actually 2 days after Christmas. I need a good cake recipe for her. Any one have one?? I had one bookmarked but lost it when i rebooted my computer.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We don't do birthday cakes... I have 2 dogs that super sensitive stomachs. If I just give Gizmo or Bullie scraps from the dinner table, they'd have watery poop the next day, so yeah, they have a strict diet and it doesn't involve birthday cakes.

But, I did a search for dog birthday cakes and found one that looks yummy on a dog treat recipe site.

Sorry link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What about going to a doggie bakery? There's a few of them in the Seattle area and wow - they really make a fancy doggie cake!

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@anatess & @Lucy-licious! Thank you!!! I will check these recipes out.

@JAKEISGREAT We love Jake too!!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I would love to go to a doggie bakery, but i can't find any here. :nope:

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] I was about to post the link to the recipe I found ... but I see [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] beat me to it :up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I made a last minute cake for miila that was just a box mix but instead of oil and eggs I added a 15 oz can of pumpkin to a strawberry cake (the only non choc one I had) and it actually turned out yummy. I have done this with choc as a healthier snack for us if we want it but never for the pups. Sierra reminded me that Mugsy needed a party half way thru the day and I hadnt planned one. lol. If you want I could look up cooking time and temp. ;)

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] That sounds yummy!!! Please do!! :heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok here is where I posted it on tastetestedrecipes.com I did not try it with the cream cheese topping, just did the mix and cooked it, very very good! I had figured the strawberry and pumpkin would be awful but the pups would like it anyhow. Nope, I couldnt taste any pumpkin whatsoever. Hubby either. Was shocked. Could use a white or yellow cake and add in some pumpkin spice to make it like it was supposed to be there too.
http://tastetestedrecipes.com/showthread.php?271-Cheesecake-Brownies-(Hungry-Girl)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.