Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Anyone else's bullys do this?? Lately, Tank has been too cold to sleep on the floor so we have been letting him sleep with us on the bed. He has this new thing now where he thinks he can't fall to sleep unless his chin is resting on you (shoulder, leg, feet, etc.) I wake up constantly to him laying his chin on me and it's cute and all, but I can't sleep! :ROFL: I was just curious if this is his funny personality or what. I don't know where he got the idea. But it is funny the next day when I'm awake :hahaha:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh good LORD.... that was Nitschke. He HAD to be touching skin in order for him to sleep. There were many a night I woke up to him across my neck

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my that is sarah some nights. she doesnt always do it but she will come up and after i pet her like forever she will lay her head on my chest and her paw across it to. i let her do it but i cannot sleep on my back. after a bit i will roll her off and lay on my side only for her to go to my feet and lay her head across my lower legs. its sweet

Dayna524

Sep 4, 2011
South Bend,IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci
Gucci has started sleeping with me just until he's warm then he goes to the floor. I've found the same thing the fab spot is on my pillows and his head on mine. Ugh

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yup, sounds like Stiggy. He loves to cuddle, especially when it's a little chilly.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yup! Frank sleeps with us and always, ALWAYS falls asleep first with his chin on one of us! Usually after a bit, he ends up stretching out on his side between us or at our feet, but always needs to start with his chin and sometimes his front feet resting on us. And he will also do this little thing where he digs his chin in. It always makes me giggle.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate does this to me all the time; I'll be laying there, reading or w/my laptop or whatever, and he'll climb on my legs and sniff around trying to find a good position for himself. Finally, he'll prop his chin right on my thigh or hip bone and dozes off. Okay, as i'm typing this i'm laying on my stomach and Tate's entire head is on my rear end and he's starting to snore. Sorry for that visual but i'm just letting [MENTION=3189]Boomsboo[/MENTION] know that you are not alone!

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Yup! Frank sleeps with us and always, ALWAYS falls asleep first with his chin on one of us! Usually after a bit, he ends up stretching out on his side between us or at our feet, but always needs to start with his chin and sometimes his front feet resting on us. And he will also do this little thing where he digs his chin in. It always makes me giggle.

Oh my goodness!!! This sounds exactly like Tank!! He does the same routine! So funny!!

I love all your stories.. Keep them coming! I am so glad I'm not the only one that has to deal with bully cuddling :ROFL:

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate does this to me all the time; I'll be laying there, reading or w/my laptop or whatever, and he'll climb on my legs and sniff around trying to find a good position for himself. Finally, he'll prop his chin right on my thigh or hip bone and dozes off. Okay, as i'm typing this i'm laying on my stomach and Tate's entire head is on my rear end and he's starting to snore. Sorry for that visual but i'm just letting @Boomsboo know that you are not alone!

:ROFL: that is so adorable!!! haha!

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
ALWAYS. We started letting Lupe sleep in our (king) bed last year when she started getting the head tremors, which she's now grown out of...but she has NOT grown out of LEANING all of her 50+ lbs on my thigh, calf or foot....to the point that I sometimes wake a 3am near the edge of the bed. How is that possible? That said, I don't have children. And her nuzzled in between us every night? Best thing ever.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
Yup, Hudson puts his chin up a lot when he sleeps. He does that on the couch too. Love it!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty doesnt do this all the time but there are nights when I wake up to his head on my face. Not comfy at all but he is so I leave him there. lol.

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2101]SunDog[/MENTION] - :laugh: I know what you mean! Once you allow them to sleep with you, you better expect to give them the run of the bed. We have a king size as well, and somehow I feel crunched when he sleeps with us!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online