question about bulldog size

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
At what age can one safely assume that their bulldog has reached mature size (ie height/weight/etc). Assuming that the dog is not obese, at what age do bulldogs attain their mature and final size?
We feed our bully dry food (Earthblend) 2 scoops twice a day. She is currently 8 months old, (very playful, seems very healthy) Too much, too little food or about right? She always seems to leave some food in the bowl..... thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..the food part is pretty bully specific! If she's healthy..I'd say you are good! For maturity..as I understand it..by about 10 or 11 months they will have reached their height..it takes until about 2 years of age before they are done filling out!..by the way..I think I missed telling you:welcome:.. Love to see some pics!

OP
R

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
thanks. I will try to get some pictures up. Best dog my wife and I have ever had!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How much is in each scoop? If it's 2 cups twice daily....I think that might be too much. The better quality food, the less you should have to feed them.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How much is in each scoop? If it's 2 cups twice daily....I think that might be too much. The better quality food, the less you should have to feed them.
I thought about this..but his pup is 8 months old..Jake is 11 months old..I give him 2 cups a day..he is on Fromm...I was hoping he meant 2 cups when he said 2 scoops! Good catch Cheryl!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I thought about this..but his pup is 8 months old..Jake is 11 months old..I give him 2 cups a day..he is on Fromm...I was hoping he meant 2 cups when he said 2 scoops! Good catch Cheryl!

We use to have a "scooper" but it measured 2 cups per scoop. So, hopefully it's not 4 cups twice daily.

OP
R

Roger

Aug 5, 2011
it is 2 cups twice a day (small tea/coffee size cup). thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
it is 2 cups twice a day (small tea/coffee size cup). thanks
Roger..just a suggestion..it's pretty important you get a true cup measurement for her..I learned this from experience..coffee..tea cups..etc aren't real accurate...I bet that is why she leaves a bit of food...the two cups a day seem perfect! I'd just make certain it was 2 cups!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Welcome Roger,,,, a measuring cup is 8 oz... that much twice a day is what many mature bullies get. Pups because of their fast rate of growth get a bit more.. but not a lot... maybe 2.5 cups total a day.
Sure would like to see some pix.. LOL :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs.... you are correct, they are the best dog one could have (my humble opinion!)

We've always done 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the afternoon after 8 months of age.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.