It's October...right?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
So here in CT we just got BLASTED by a snow storm yesterday/last night. My boyfriend and I were working yesterday and Brooke was home. When we got home at 6 we already had no power. Luckily we found a pizza place still delivering or we would have starved, because the roads were bad and we really didn't want to go back out.

Obviously with no power, we have no heat and it was FREEZING in our place. So for the first time ever Brooke got to sleep in bed with us instead of in her crate so she wouldn't freeze (if I had it my way she would always be in our bed, but the boyfriend can't stand it. He barely wants to share the bed with me.) But she did super well in bed with us. I tried to not move around for fear of waking her but I'm pretty sure I could have stood on the bed and jumped around and she would have slept through it.

Anyways, so we get up this morning, still no power, feed Brooke and take her out, she peed but would NOT poop. She couldn't squat without her butt being buried in snow so I tried to clear a spot...still no. Decided to walk her in on the pavement since it was plowed to see if she'd go there, it was like an ice rink. Her back legs kept sliding out on her as she was walking and she ended up cutting one of her pads, which I noticed because she was leaving a bloody trail in the snow. I walked her for at least 15 minutes in the freezing cold and I decided, if she poops in the house it's fine, I just didn't want her freezing anymore, plus we had to leave for work soon.

So although I will probably be returning to a dark, cold house with dog poop in the kitchen, I'm attempting to look on the bright side (even though we are NEVER going to get power back after the amount of trees and power lines down that we saw on our way into work). It's done snowing for now and hopefully it will all melt today and Brooke can successfully poop outside again.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwww,,, poor little Brookie :( and poor little Sarah too.. LOL
Good luck with it. HRH HATES snow... she will pee on the shoveled sidewalk before going off into the snow.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw i hope you get power back soon. poor brook. sarah absolutely loves the snow. she will walk around in it like she is a king. well maybe she will get to sleep with you again tonight. :D i would not know how to act without a dog in my bed. my bf doesnt like it either but fortunately he loves me more than he hates dogs in bed:D

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
This week has been Brooke's first snow encounter and so far she hates it. lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] aw poor baby. well maybe she will learn to love it. if not then i see alot of shoveling in your future. :yes: actually we just drive the suv through the yard and make nice paths for the dogs to run in when it snows deep here:D i think bf has a ball doing it. you should see my dogs out there running in the tire paths. :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION]. .. not sure which one I feel worse for you about, no power, Brooke not liking snow or Brooke not sleeping with you every night. I am going with not having Brooke in bed with you... it is the greatest thing to have them cuddle up and snuggle with you. Nitshcke's snoring was my 'lullaby' and sleep has not come easy since his passing - I do have a recording of it, but I have to figure out how to loop it so it last 7 hours. And, by the way - I kicked my b/f to a different room shortly after we moved in together because of his snoring --- how freakin funny is that!!!

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] yeah well we live in a townhouse, so we share a yard... I don't think our neighbors would appreciate it... lol.

Ugh and I just found this from an article on yahoo (I work at a hospital so power isn't ever an issue here, thank goodness).
"A snowstorm with a ferocity more familiar in February than October socked the Northeast over the weekend, knocking out power to 2.7 million, snarling air and highway travel and dumping more than 2 feet of snow in a few spots as it slowly moved north out of New England. Officials warned it could be days before many see electricity restored.The combination of heavy, wet snow, leaf-laden trees and frigid, gusting winds brought down limbs and power lines. At least three deaths were blamed on the weather, and states of emergency were declared in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and parts ofNew York.
The 750,000 who lost power in Connecticut broke a record for the state that was set when the remnants of Hurricane Irene hit the state in August. People could be without electricity for as long as a week, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Sunday.
"If you are without power, you should expect to be without power for a prolonged period of time," he said Saturday night."

A week?!? Good thing my mom just called and told me that they rented a hotel room at a hotel with an indoor pool and hot tub! But no dogs, so Brooke may have to spend some time at my boyfriend's brother's apartment. They didn't lose power so they still have heat. I just hate bringing her there because their dog Bella, a shar pei mix, plays so rough with Brooke which she actually enjoys, it just makes me nervous since she's a lot smaller.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my hon. well just do what you have to. im sure she will be fine but a short period of time :hug:hugs for you and brooklyn.

Attachments

• Charlie and Gabe 1.jpg
    Charlie and Gabe 1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 96

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bummer, a week without power!!! :cursing: Feel sorry for you guys. Hope little Brooke stays warm, and you too. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], were is that video of your sweet Sarah running in the tire tracks. :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] i do have videos but dont know how to post them if someone wants to help me do it i would love to :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I have not posted a video but some have used Photobucket for videos. I use it for pics and it is easy. Hopefully someone will help with the video posting.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION], i just heard a few minutes ago about the power outage from the storm. What a Halloween you all will be having! Well, at least you can still get your internet connection and talk to us! That's great that Brooke got to sleep with you last night. I have to agree wholeheartedly with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], there is nothing like having a snuggly bully next to you while you sleep. And my boys' snoring lulls me to sleep too!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So sorry that you all got hit so hard ... it makes me nervous about what to expect this year. Snow is so pretty when it first comes, and I think I can appreciate it for approx a month. Then I just want it gone... unfortunately, just like the east coast ... NE Ohio gets slammed with snow for months and months and months!! :down:

On the bright side, you got to spend a night experiencing the joy of nighttime bully snuggling :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.