It's October...right?

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
This week has been Brooke's first snow encounter and so far she hates it. lol

I feel your pain. Haha!! Ruckus hates the snow, and the rain, and the wind, and the cold. But boy does he sleep like a rock in MY bed!!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
We ot our power back...they told us mid week but we had it after 24 hours....there r a lot of trees and wires down...luckly its melting....jameson is on a poop strike because of the snow...12 inhes makes it rough for the boys....not only do they have a problem walking but thy cant smell their favorite spots

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Update: SO we never ended up going to the hotel because, come to find out, they actually had no power either. Still no power at home, they don't even have an estimate for when it's coming back for our town yet because we got so slammed. I don't even get cell service at home since the towers have no power. I'm currently online at school since for some reason UCONN never loses power. :cursing: We did end up going to my boyfriend's brother's apartment last night for showers and dinner. Brooke and Bella had a BLAST. But they play sooo rough it still makes me nervous.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wow Sarah I've been watching the news and you all got his so hard with the snow. I hope your power is back on soon! We're going to get another round of snow tonight, 5-10" and his time it will stick. Should be a fun commute tomorrow morning. I may have missed it, but how are you Heating your home? Hang in there! :hug:

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Nope you didn't miss it. We are not heating our home. We rent a townhouse and we don't have a fireplace or any way to heat our home. SO we are freezing it out. lol At least Brooke has been sleeping in bed with us since this cold justifies it enough to my boyfriend. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO Nope you didn't miss it. We are not heating our home. We rent a townhouse and we don't have a fireplace or any way to heat our home. SO we are freezing it out. lol At least Brooke has been sleeping in bed with us since this cold justifies it enough to my boyfriend. :)
Oh man, I'd be so worried about pipes freezing. I can't imagine going that long without power. Luckily the storm we have coming in tonight will only bring us a snow day tomorrow.....bring on the snow!!!! :D

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
eh, we don't own it so if pipes freeze it isn't our issue financially. lol Yeah and I'm so mad. We got all this snow but I didn't even get a snow day from work or school. So lame. and by the way, this is now day 6 with no power...

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
That's so crazy you got that much snow already. It's been unseasonably warm here lately. mid 60s during the day in Northern Indiana. We usually have had snow already too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.