Thread: It's October...right?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: It's October...right?

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    You make me appreciate California thank you.
    Until "The Big One" comes..then I'm thinking snow won't look so bad! And I was having a for no power for one day! I'm soooo !!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Sarah, i just heard a few minutes ago about the power outage from the storm. What a Halloween you all will be having! Well, at least you can still get your internet connection and talk to us! That's great that Brooke got to sleep with you last night. I have to agree wholeheartedly with @2BullyMama, there is nothing like having a snuggly bully next to you while you sleep. And my boys' snoring lulls me to sleep too!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

So sorry that you all got hit so hard ... it makes me nervous about what to expect this year. Snow is so pretty when it first comes, and I think I can appreciate it for approx a month. Then I just want it gone... unfortunately, just like the east coast ... NE Ohio gets slammed with snow for months and months and months!!

On the bright side, you got to spend a night experiencing the joy of nighttime bully snuggling

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    This week has been Brooke's first snow encounter and so far she hates it. lol
    I feel your pain. Haha!! Ruckus hates the snow, and the rain, and the wind, and the cold. But boy does he sleep like a rock in MY bed!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

We ot our power back...they told us mid week but we had it after 24 hours....there r a lot of trees and wires down...luckly its melting....jameson is on a poop strike because of the snow...12 inhes makes it rough for the boys....not only do they have a problem walking but thy cant smell their favorite spots

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

Update: SO we never ended up going to the hotel because, come to find out, they actually had no power either. Still no power at home, they don't even have an estimate for when it's coming back for our town yet because we got so slammed. I don't even get cell service at home since the towers have no power. I'm currently online at school since for some reason UCONN never loses power. We did end up going to my boyfriend's brother's apartment last night for showers and dinner. Brooke and Bella had a BLAST. But they play sooo rough it still makes me nervous.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wow Sarah I've been watching the news and you all got his so hard with the snow. I hope your power is back on soon! We're going to get another round of snow tonight, 5-10" and his time it will stick. Should be a fun commute tomorrow morning. I may have missed it, but how are you Heating your home? Hang in there!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

@JeannieCO Nope you didn't miss it. We are not heating our home. We rent a townhouse and we don't have a fireplace or any way to heat our home. SO we are freezing it out. lol At least Brooke has been sleeping in bed with us since this cold justifies it enough to my boyfriend.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    @JeannieCO Nope you didn't miss it. We are not heating our home. We rent a townhouse and we don't have a fireplace or any way to heat our home. SO we are freezing it out. lol At least Brooke has been sleeping in bed with us since this cold justifies it enough to my boyfriend.
    Oh man, I'd be so worried about pipes freezing. I can't imagine going that long without power. Luckily the storm we have coming in tonight will only bring us a snow day tomorrow.....bring on the snow!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

eh, we don't own it so if pipes freeze it isn't our issue financially. lol Yeah and I'm so mad. We got all this snow but I didn't even get a snow day from work or school. So lame. and by the way, this is now day 6 with no power...

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

That's so crazy you got that much snow already. It's been unseasonably warm here lately. mid 60s during the day in Northern Indiana. We usually have had snow already too.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads