Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hope someone can help bring this little guy back home. Here is their story.

He's been found and back home, too lucky.

StoleninColumbus.jpg

My husband and I are reaching out to you. Last evening at 6 PM, still
daylight, a Caucasian male and female with black ski masks, driving a white
four door car with no license plate broke into our home specifically to
steal our English bulldog puppy "Maebull". They broke in 10 minutes after we
left and had to be watching us.We live on Bryden road in Old Town East
downtown Columbus. The cops responded but were too late. A police report has
been filed and unfortunately there is not a lot of evidence to catch these
people. Our neighbor witnessed the people leaving with our puppy and laptop
and he called 911.We are newlyweds and have only had Maebull for 2 weeks. In
this short time she has been the love of our lives and part of our family.
We are broken. We need your help to get our story to the Columbus people.
Maebull is 3 months old, 18lbs, fawn color with a black patch over her right
eye. We are giving a reward of $1000 for her return home. We are running out
of options to find her. We would appreciate your help getting Maebull home.
Attached are pictures and we would be happy to be interviewed. Please call
us with any information or questions

Thank you for your time,
Brandon and Tiffany Ross
Contact info:
614-226-6188
216-536-3818
email [email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Praying they get their girl back. I've been hearing alot of stories of stolen eb. How common is this? Is it more common than any other breed? Every now and then I'll hear a story of someone walking out of a petstore with a toy breed hidden in their coat. But I don't really hear about people being brazen enough to break into a home and steal the puppy.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=3213]FourPetes[/MENTION]
It varies by area as to the most common dog stolen but the most common over all are pit bulls believe it or not. With their "reputation" you would think people would stay away from them , but they don't. Having a spayed or neutered animal slightly reduces the risk of it being stolen because it cannot be used for breeding purposes then.

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's been found and back home, I checked on the Capital Area Humane Society's FB page and it said he was found.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
This is awful. It upsets me because I have also been hearing more and more about Bullies being stolen. I have to admit that I rarely let Lucy wander around our yard anymore unless I am watching her. I live on a corner lot with a fence--in a nice neighborhood--but freaks roam everywhere. I also have a house alarm that I would only use when my husband was away overnight--but find myself using it all of the time now.

I think I would need to be heavily sedated if this happened to me. My heart breaks for this family--and the poor pup that must be thinking "what the heck is going on??" I hope you are right [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] --hopefully the pup is home. If not I pray for its safe return.

I hope they catch the heartless criminals that would do this.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
He's been found and back home, I checked on the Capital Area Humane Society's FB page and it said he was found.

OMG! I just said a prayer and now the pup is back home?? That was fast. OK--now I'm going to pray to end world hunger! LOL!!

All joking aside--thanks for the update. I am (and I am sure everyone else is ) so happy that baby is home!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is awful. It upsets me because I have also been hearing more and more about Bullies being stolen. I have to admit that I rarely let Lucy wander around our yard anymore unless I am watching her. I live on a corner lot with a fence--in a nice neighborhood--but freaks roam everywhere. I also have a house alarm that I would only use when my husband was away overnight--but find myself using it all of the time now.I think I would need to be heavily sedated if this happened to me. My heart breaks for this family--and the poor pup that must be thinking "what the heck is going on??" I hope you are right [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] --hopefully the pup is home. If not I pray for its safe return.I hope they catch the heartless criminals that would do this.
I know! We had this on our facebook page and quite a bit of response! Someone posted on the owners wall..that he heard they found Maebull..he was a family friend and trying to find out! I haven't been able to get any more info! I'm SO hoping! :pray:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thank God and yes this just happened in Northeast Philadelphia last week. My brother in law is a police officer and told me to be careful with Duke.. I would be insane if this happened.. I am so so happy they got their baby back.. We all need to be careful

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I should have checked first before posting the story. But the good news is he is back home. Just a good reminder to always watch our bullies.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry I should have checked first before posting the story. But the good news is he is back home. Just a good reminder to always watch our bullies.
Oh no! Don't apologize! I think it's always a good reminder to ALL of us that there are such creeps out there..also..another bully in same area was taken from her yard. A little older...owners were comparing notes trying to see if connected! I bet the publicity and networking that went on helped bring this one home!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online