What is he doing...?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jack sleeps in his crate. He sleeps on the plastic tray with absolutely no bedding.
Im keeping his crate bare for now because its the only way to keep him dry.

I let him out at 6am each morning for his meal and so he can do his necessities..... Pee&poop.JPG

Anyways, about 5am each morning Jack starts scratching the plastic crate as if wanting to dig a hole . He does this e v e r y s i n g l e morning :cursing:!
It wakes me up an hour before its wake up time....

At first I thought it was his way of wanting out or his way of letting me know he had to go outside, so I would jump out of bed and open the door so he can go relieve himself... only just to watch his stand there in the backyard and smell the freish air, grass, walk around and then look at me as if to say, "well, what are we doing now ?"
So now when I hear him scratching the plastic tray I just ignore him.. But he does this every day and like I mentioned, he's doing this at 5 am WAY TOO Early to start the day...

Why do you guys think this is ? It has me puzzled.

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mine do that too. I wish I knew why

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Mine too!
The other day i thought he was funny and decided to record him.. Just as i was gettin started, he peed on his bed!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
hahaha "Well, what are we ding now?" :haha:

My fur babies sleep in bed with me BUT Cutty does seem to stir before I get up also, usually he is wanting to go under covers. Maybe just realized the hard plastic isnt comfy and wants to fluff it? :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy will start her little bark about 05:30 it starts out low and soft the gets louder as the time goes by, until one of us gets up to let them out. When I have to go to work I'm up at 05:15 but on days I don't work or on weekends she still does it. So we have a bulldog alarm every morning.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola does this when we put her in the crate at night and she's not really tired. She'll scratch up the blankets and scratch the plastic tray endlessly while i'm trying to sleep in the next room. It happens to coincide with days that we haven't fully worn her out before bed. she just wants to play more and release some energy.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus is very rarely in his crate, but he does that too. Maybe they're filing their nails lol!!

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I'm thinking of pulling his claws. I got 3 quotes from different vets.
¿Do you think $35 a claw is too much ? Im waiting for 2 others quotes to come in. I really dont want to go with the lowest bidder but $35 a claw times x 8 (I'm leaving his dew claws intact.. IM NOT INHUMANE YOU KNOW...) anyways, that'll be about $280 for the front legs only... ... Do you think anesthesia is REALLY needed..?
Cause that would be another $150 ... geeeeeeeze everything justs adds up doesnt it !

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Pulling his claws?! Are you serious....Most bulldogs scratch...Bruno does it to get comfy in his tray.
I totally disagree with you considering pulling his claws...No anesthesia?? :cursing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
¿Do you think $35 a claw is too much ? Im waiting for 2 others quotes to come in. I really dont want to go with the lowest bidder but $35 a claw times x 8 (I'm leaving his dew claws intact.. IM NOT INHUMANE YOU KNOW...) anyways, that'll be about $280 for the front legs only... ... Do you think anesthesia is REALLY needed..?
Cause that would be another $150 ... geeeeeeeze everything justs adds up doesnt it !

They may be able to do a local.. no anesthesia needed.

BTW... Banks does this too, but in the little pool we bought them for the summer.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
the youngsters always seem to wake up first. you know like the baby that doesn't sleep all night. they are 11 months old

Jack and Dolly prefer to sleep in since they are like 7 and 3-1/2 years old.

The youngin's had the claws removed last week.

buy two get one free

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
just kidding about the claws

​or am I?????? bahahahaha

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg having claws removed? what? i just couldnt do that to my bully. i dunno sarah doesnt sleep in a crate but she will do things in the morning to get me up. bullies seem to be very routine oriented and my bf gets up at like 4am some days and sarah is up and trying to wake him up at 4am every morning just about. if im up and in the living room and hes still in bed some days she will want to get in bed with him only to wake him up as she thinks he should be up to i guess. im thinking he just wants to get you up for no other reason than hes ready to get out of the crate. why not put some blankets in there anyway to make it quieter or can you move the crate somewhere else so it doesnt wake you up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Joking, right?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Uuuuh...How about soft paws nail covers for dogs? It might make the scratching much quieter. My Frenchton digs around his pillow to get it fluffed up. Maybe a piece of carpeting to muffle the sound? Just realized you said he wets his crate. OK so that won't do. Sorry no help here.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online