Butcher or Vet?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have nothing much else to add but as for the bedside manner that is awful. And sadly this is what I have found even in places that are "popular" for bullys. I wish I had a vet who cared enough to call, my gosh. I wish I had a good vet actually. lol. They are hard to come by round here locally anyhow.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well, I called their office again today. they put me on hold for what seemed forever. When someone finally got back to me, she said she needs to go see if there were any notes. :cursing:

Now mind you, I'm a patient person. When I finally got an answer it was that they wanted to get everything around the lump and they won't know anything until I come back in 14 days to get the stitches out.
The vet who did the surgery is 80 years old.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:cursing:... NO WAY! Where did they send the sample..the moon?? The longest it should take is 3-5 days...and most of the time it's 48 hours! Sherry..this is just such awful treatment. I would ask for an itemized bill..which by law they have to give you...AND I would see where it was sent. If that isn't listed..I would ask..and I would call that lab and see what is going on? Something smells here!!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:cursing:... NO WAY! Where did they send the sample..the moon?? The longest it should take is 3-5 days...and most of the time it's 48 hours! Sherry..this is just such awful treatment. I would ask for an itemized bill..which by law they have to give you...AND I would see where it was sent. If that isn't listed..I would ask..and I would call that lab and see what is going on? Something smells here!!

the itemized bill just says $100,for biopsy, $150 for the removal, $150 for the neuter , office visit $40 plus cost of meds, and $100 for anesthesia. very generic I must say. No name of lab whatsoever

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
the itemized bill just says $100,for biopsy, $150 for the removal, $150 for the neuter , office visit $40 plus cost of meds, and $100 for anesthesia. very generic I must say. No name of lab whatsoever
I would ask for the name of the lab..odds are there aren't too many he uses..my vet actually posts the names and numbers of labs she uses. Isn't it amazing..they charged you an office visit..for a surgery? I'm glad if nothing else comes out of this..a new vet will!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... I am in shock over this. Can't believe they are so cold and unwilling to give you info on your baby. Hell, it might be worth the drive for you to go to Lansdale to my vet ---

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The verdict is in........ the thing (growth) is NOT cancerous, and they got it all. Butttt.......not so fast.........he could be one of those puppy's who get's these things more than once... WHAT??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The verdict is in........ the thing (growth) is NOT cancerous, and they got it all. Butttt.......not so fast.........he could be one of those puppy's who get's these things more than once... WHAT??
:dancing:... Focus on the good news! Yup..we had a dobie that got those all the time..our vet only removed a couple and just watched and kept track of numerous..numerous others! Once in awhile she would aspirate some fluid..if it grew too much..but that dog lived to be 15! And one lump..does NOT a problem make! :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so glad the results were relatively good news!!!! :up:

I can only say what everybody else has said about the vet and his office!! I currently work with two vet offices .. one for our dogs, and the other is for Tinkerbell because she's a foster and goes to the vets who give the rescue a discount. BOTH vet offices will call to give me the results over the phone .. and I mean the actual vet NOT somebody at the front desk or the office manager. That's immediately after the treatment, and then both separate vets will come and see me when I go to pick them up to see if I have any more questions or concerns.

I think it's time your 80 year old vet retired ... in the meantime go find yourself a new place. Hopefully, with a hot vet like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] found!! :tease:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sherry, that's really wonderful news! I'm so happy for Gizz and you. One less thing to be worried about now. :)

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes we are going somewhere new starting next Tuesday, Jack will get his sedation drugs and nails trimmed and vaccines. Dolly gets her little limp checked out. And after that, Griz will have his stitches taken out on the neck, I'll take out the groin area stitches. Perhaps the neck ones too. Both areas healed very nicely so far. Yeah!!!

thanks everyone for the great thoughts and reply's . As you know, it really helps. :thanks:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHaaaawwhhoioooo.... such great news. I'm so happy it is not cancer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.