Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butcher or Vet?

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Butcher or Vet?

Oh dear. I've never seen stitches that large. Can't see why it was so large unless they suspected cancer. Had a coworker that had a small mole with cancer and they took a big circle of skin much larger than the mole. I guess to ensure they got all of the cancer. Perhaps it was a precautionary measure. Well if he is otherwise ok I'm sure it will heal over. I agree with the rest start looking for a new vet.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Maybe the policy is to not say anything until they know something to say? I'm sure they must be doing a biopsy - which would explain some of that bill anyway.

I was thinking that they just took big margins on the thing - just in case - and I'd want that myself. Hey, while you're in there, get it all kinda thing, right? As for the bedside manner....I hate those vet offices that feel like a Pet Health Factory. Memories of the "Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic" from my childhood.....*shudder* I'd never think to go to a place like that now! None of us would! When you think about it, things have changed so much for animals since way back then! I'm grateful.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sweet baby, I am sure he will heal up quickly.

As for the not knowing anything, just collect and that's it--- well that is just downright awful!!!! My vet will call and check up, especially after surgery!!! I would be on the phone asking for the head hancho of the clinic, and I would tell them you are not hanging up til you get answers!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Have nothing much else to add but as for the bedside manner that is awful. And sadly this is what I have found even in places that are "popular" for bullys. I wish I had a vet who cared enough to call, my gosh. I wish I had a good vet actually. lol. They are hard to come by round here locally anyhow.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Well, I called their office again today. they put me on hold for what seemed forever. When someone finally got back to me, she said she needs to go see if there were any notes.

Now mind you, I'm a patient person. When I finally got an answer it was that they wanted to get everything around the lump and they won't know anything until I come back in 14 days to get the stitches out.
    The vet who did the surgery is 80 years old.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

... NO WAY! Where did they send the sample..the moon?? The longest it should take is 3-5 days...and most of the time it's 48 hours! Sherry..this is just such awful treatment. I would ask for an itemized bill..which by law they have to give you...AND I would see where it was sent. If that isn't listed..I would ask..and I would call that lab and see what is going on? Something smells here!!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    ... NO WAY! Where did they send the sample..the moon?? The longest it should take is 3-5 days...and most of the time it's 48 hours! Sherry..this is just such awful treatment. I would ask for an itemized bill..which by law they have to give you...AND I would see where it was sent. If that isn't listed..I would ask..and I would call that lab and see what is going on? Something smells here!!
    the itemized bill just says $100,for biopsy, $150 for the removal, $150 for the neuter , office visit $40 plus cost of meds, and $100 for anesthesia. very generic I must say. No name of lab whatsoever

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    the itemized bill just says $100,for biopsy, $150 for the removal, $150 for the neuter , office visit $40 plus cost of meds, and $100 for anesthesia. very generic I must say. No name of lab whatsoever
    I would ask for the name of the lab..odds are there aren't too many he uses..my vet actually posts the names and numbers of labs she uses. Isn't it amazing..they charged you an office visit..for a surgery? I'm glad if nothing else comes out of this..a new vet will!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG... I am in shock over this. Can't believe they are so cold and unwilling to give you info on your baby. Hell, it might be worth the drive for you to go to Lansdale to my vet ---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

The verdict is in........ the thing (growth) is NOT cancerous, and they got it all. Butttt.......not so fast.........he could be one of those puppy's who get's these things more than once... WHAT??

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    The verdict is in........ the thing (growth) is NOT cancerous, and they got it all. Butttt.......not so fast.........he could be one of those puppy's who get's these things more than once... WHAT??
    ... Focus on the good news! Yup..we had a dobie that got those all the time..our vet only removed a couple and just watched and kept track of numerous..numerous others! Once in awhile she would aspirate some fluid..if it grew too much..but that dog lived to be 15! And one lump..does NOT a problem make!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad the results were relatively good news!!!!

I can only say what everybody else has said about the vet and his office!! I currently work with two vet offices .. one for our dogs, and the other is for Tinkerbell because she's a foster and goes to the vets who give the rescue a discount. BOTH vet offices will call to give me the results over the phone .. and I mean the actual vet NOT somebody at the front desk or the office manager. That's immediately after the treatment, and then both separate vets will come and see me when I go to pick them up to see if I have any more questions or concerns.

I think it's time your 80 year old vet retired ... in the meantime go find yourself a new place. Hopefully, with a hot vet like @KMARINO found!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads