Butcher or Vet?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Poor Griz, gonna be a long 14 days til those stitches come out. :nope: you seen the blob on his neck, here is then end result. I'm a little bothered by the size of this. ? Jeeshhh Is it just me???? 10 stitches and a flat sack. :cry: I bet he hates me.
:cry:(I'm starting to hate me. )
Thoughts..... or am I just a little over protective and worried about his physical appearance, shoot, I'm really worried about the
thing healing :shout:

010.jpg006.jpg021.jpg002.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oh my!! What did they determine it was? Could it have grown inside where they had to cut that much open?

he is such a handsome boy -- it fur will cover it all up when his coat grows back. as long as he is healthy!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They didn't tell me a thing yet. Just that it cost $662
Believe me I asked what the deal was with the incision. The girl at the counter couldn't tell me a thing. But had the nerve to call me at 9:07 last evening after I picked him up (not to check up on him) but to tell me she missed $40 from last week when we were there to just look at the growth. :cursing:
I'm shopping around, Jack is due for vaccines in November

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh hell no! That is so unprofessional and uncaring.

Banks just has poo issues and Dr. Rossi called us yesterday and today to check up on her. He is calling not the office... wish you lived closer so you could go to him

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! The only thing I can say is my cat had an immunization cancer at the site of her shots. It was a small little knot..and she was cut from one side to the other. I was horrified AND my vet warned me. In her case it was to test margins and she was tiny so the incision and stitches were massive! She survived..which I have since found out is very rare..unless your vet suspects a malignancy..that looks huge to me! But..my cat healed just fine and no scar at all! I know Griz will be fine...but I also felt horrible. When do they get results back? My cat cost about $700 8 years ago! I feel your pain on many levels!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! The only thing I can say is my cat had an immunization cancer at the site of her shots. It was a small little knot..and she was cut from one side to the other. I was horrified AND my vet warned me. In her case it was to test margins and she was tiny so the incision and stitches were massive! She survived..which I have since found out is very rare..unless your vet suspects a malignancy..that looks huge to me! But..my cat healed just fine and no scar at all! I know Griz will be fine...but I also felt horrible. When do they get results back? My cat cost about $700 8 years ago! I feel your pain on many levels!

Thank you for the input. It helps alot. I didn't know they could get cancer from injection sites either. Like you said, rare.
As for when the results come back? your guess is as good as mine. I got no info no matter what who when i asked. calling everyday til i get satisfaction.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you for the input. It helps alot. I didn't know they could get cancer from injection sites either. Like you said, rare. As for when the results come back? your guess is as good as mine. I got no info no matter what who when i asked. calling everyday til i get satisfaction.
Their lack of customer service and professionalism is stunning! They know exactly how many days it takes to get back results! I might go in there and ask to speak to office manager! Of course..in all honesty..I have been "fired" by a vet before for JUST this type of behavior..:ROFL: but I didn't give a rats a**! :cursing:

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
Oh hell no!

That's exactly what I was thinking!
:cursing:
Several years ago my 15 year old Peek a Poo had a massive tumor removed from her side. It was almost the size of a softball so of course the incision was HUGE... there were about 50 staples & a drain tube. The vet called me at home, from his home, on a Sunday afternoon to give me the test results. Unless it was a fistula, I can't see why the incision was that big. I had a lump removed from my armpit many years ago, and it was just a lump on the surface, but underneath was a 7 inch fistula in the tissue. So anything's possible. But in all honesty, it seems like that's a pretty crappy vet. I'd tell them they'll get their missed $40 when you get some answers. Well, that's not true. I'm touched with a little bit of the crazy when it comes to my kids and pets, so I'd probably tell them a little more than that... but that's just me. :angel:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Omg [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] that is such bs I can't even believe they have any patients left. I'm sure griz will be ok n heal up but I would for sure be finding me another vet. Please let us know as soon as you can get something out of those jack a$$es there

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
WOW on the vet not telling you what they think it was. Are they sending a sample out for a biopsy? Did the vet not even talk to you when you picked poor Griz up or is he suppose to call you later. I have to say I'm a bit stunned by the lack of communication, especially with a surgery just performed. My vets, none of them, have ever not called me the moment they were done. I always knew something before I picked up Ace and then most the time I had consults with either the vet that performed the surgery or another vet that was familiar with what was done. Poor Griz!! I'm with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I'd be pitching a fit with them. :hug: to you both.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad Griz is OK, and I too would be furious with that vet, very unprofessional. I would stay on them until they give you some answers. Then find another vet. Once the incision heals and the hair grows back you won't even know it's there. Give him a big hug from us and hope he heals fast.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just wanted to say that Griz is such a sweetheart. He looks good given what he's just gone thru. I know there's still the healing to go through and the waiting game as far as diagnosis, but hang in there Sherry. Lots of hugs and smooches to you and Griz

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh dear. I've never seen stitches that large. Can't see why it was so large unless they suspected cancer. Had a coworker that had a small mole with cancer and they took a big circle of skin much larger than the mole. I guess to ensure they got all of the cancer. Perhaps it was a precautionary measure. Well if he is otherwise ok I'm sure it will heal over. I agree with the rest start looking for a new vet.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Maybe the policy is to not say anything until they know something to say? I'm sure they must be doing a biopsy - which would explain some of that bill anyway.

I was thinking that they just took big margins on the thing - just in case - and I'd want that myself. Hey, while you're in there, get it all kinda thing, right? As for the bedside manner....I hate those vet offices that feel like a Pet Health Factory. Memories of the "Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic" from my childhood.....*shudder* I'd never think to go to a place like that now! None of us would! When you think about it, things have changed so much for animals since way back then! I'm grateful.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sweet baby, I am sure he will heal up quickly.

As for the not knowing anything, just collect and that's it--- well that is just downright awful!!!! My vet will call and check up, especially after surgery!!! I would be on the phone asking for the head hancho of the clinic, and I would tell them you are not hanging up til you get answers!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.