Attention seeker..!

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Hii. My boo's is 11 weeks and lately he insists to be the center of attention all the time.
If he feel ignored he would bark, wouldn't listen to any command, and gets all bitey..

Is it normal? Should i ignored him at times so he can get used to play by himself?
I work and got college so i cant be with him all the time. I bring him to work with me but i cant let him barks all the time..

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You have to set boundaries. He will learn when it's acceptable and when it's not by your reaction. Correct unwanted behaviors and reward wanted ones consistently. Repetition and consistency is the key.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My suggestion? Get and read a puppy book. What he's doing is normal - he's a puppy. I've suggested Cesar Millan's puppy book before...it's a good one. There's a video too that's awfully good, I think. I've watched it many times because Mr. President is one of the pups on there...he's an adorable English Bulldog!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What works in our house with Miila (who thinks she is still a young puppy apparently) is the squirt bottle with water. She actually likes the water so it isnt a punishment as much as a reminder or wake up call that she needs to calm down. When she and Cutty get carried away playing or if the baby is near and she starts, I just squirt and tell her to take a break. Which is the command I use for all the kids when playtime is over. Anyhow she is understanding what it means but doesnt always wanna listen so that squirt kinda sets in what I am saying and she stops now. Hardly have to squirt her anymore, if she sees the bottle it reminds her. Maybe something similar will work for you?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Yup, you are definitely going thru that exciting Puppy Stage. Ignore him and dont even look his way. You'll need to endure this many times... He will get the message that barking at you gets no results...

PS: You are allowed to bring Boo Boo to work.?!
Sweet Deal.! unless of course, you're working in a restaurant then I'd have to ask to
"please hold the hair.!" :lol:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some good advice above. They will go through these phases. Just have to be patient and teach her what's right and wrong.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What works in our house with Miila (who thinks she is still a young puppy apparently) is the squirt bottle with water. She actually likes the water so it isnt a punishment as much as a reminder or wake up call that she needs to calm down. When she and Cutty get carried away playing or if the baby is near and she starts, I just squirt and tell her to take a break. Which is the command I use for all the kids when playtime is over. Anyhow she is understanding what it means but doesnt always wanna listen so that squirt kinda sets in what I am saying and she stops now. Hardly have to squirt her anymore, if she sees the bottle it reminds her. Maybe something similar will work for you?

This works great... we used the water bottle for both our bullies and after a while all you have to do is show them you have it and the unwanted behavior stops

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
All Great advise above, from experience
:yes:

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I just act like I'm gonna clean Gravy's tail pocket & he runs off & pouts. Problem solved. :ashamed:

Attachments

• 2D8B61D5-0134-47C8-A8DF-AB00C786E449.jpeg
    2D8B61D5-0134-47C8-A8DF-AB00C786E449.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
just for the record...they all expect to the the center of attention and yes, the world does revolve around them!

As for the naughty behavior....you have good advice above. Just be consistent with your training.

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Yup, you are definitely going thru that exciting Puppy Stage. Ignore him and dont even look his way. You'll need to endure this many times... He will get the message that barking at you gets no results...

PS: You are allowed to bring Boo Boo to work.?!
Sweet Deal.! unless of course, you're working in a restaurant then I'd have to ask to
"please hold the hair.!" :lol:

Well i keep boo inside the office and carry him out when he needs to eat and do his business.. There's no one who could take care of him at home so i have to take him with me..

The kitchen is on a different floor so its all safe

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
So its okay to leave their face wet or should i dry him afterwards?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online