I think I should change Rambos name....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd say if this has got worse since your other dog is in heat, then that's the main problem. If not ... and he's always been at that intensity then it's nothing to do with the other dog!!

I know you were filming, but you may need to consider if you usually enter the house with that kind of high-energy that we see in the video. I know you were opening the cage slowly and that was probably for the video, but it's so easy to walk in and greet our babies because we love them and want to greet them. Maybe if you could enter your house silently, quietly open their cages and let one out then the other. No greeting and no eye contact. They are already in an excited state because their Mum is home so any response from you will take them over the edge.

Also ... and again I understand this is the video.... you didn't let him know that this was unacceptable behaviour. We often say no but it is in a higher pitched voice and we continue to give attention. All he will hear is your tone and no reprimand so therefore he is encouraged to go further.

Just my thoughts ...

OP
Danielle Cope

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Both my dogs have been cooped in the cages a lot more than normal due to the fact that diamond is in heat, when he's out she wines, and he tries to butt her cage now, shes almost done so once thats done they wont be in there much but to go to bed. As for the humping, its just exceeded 10 times more because of the cooped up and hormones in the air haha, he's NEVER that bad, but I thought I'd get video of it because that was the first day he went a good 7 hours in there, and they havent been cooped in there that long in a long long time. But once the energy dies down he's good, and he'll only try and hump every once a while in normal circumstances haha

so given the fact of my dog in heat and being locked up its bound up excitement haha but I just thought id get video, because sometimes he's really funny doing it hahaha

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
Rosie is never caged, but she does have little temper tantrums when Sophie ticks her off doing who knows what. Anyway, when she gets mad, she tries biting and humping me. I realize she was spayed 10 days ago and her harnones are probably wacked out, but really, biting and humping. What's wrong with her. Luckily she has no teeth or we'd have a serious problem. Good luck with Rambo!:excited:

OP
Danielle Cope

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Rosie is never caged, but she does have little temper tantrums when Sophie ticks her off doing who knows what. Anyway, when she gets mad, she tries biting and humping me. I realize she was spayed 10 days ago and her harnones are probably wacked out, but really, biting and humping. What's wrong with her. Luckily she has no teeth or we'd have a serious problem. Good luck with Rambo!:excited:

I'm 5'4 so not to tall but not to short either and lucky me Rambo is right at crotch level when he gets frisky, and when he gets TO FRISKY he will bite the crotch area haha, luckily he's only done it a handful of times haha but I tell ya, he sure has the muscle power to over take you, and bring you down hahaha

sleet

Oct 23, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea (Rosie)
Ouch! That would definitely be frightening. Sounds like Rambo's name fits him perfectly. Good luck to you. with him.

OP
Danielle Cope

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Ouch! That would definitely be frightening. Sounds like Rambo's name fits him perfectly. Good luck to you. with him.
Haha thanks! and yeah Rambo fits him well, he may like to hump right now but Rambo will always be him, a bulldozing machine haha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online