Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
[h=1]Woodland bulldog 'held for ransom' found dead[/h]
jagger-bulldog.jpg
Woodland bulldog 'held for ransom' found dead

by Associated Press & KGW Staff
KING5.com
Posted on October 24, 2011 at 1:56 PM

WOODLAND, Wash. -- The English Bulldog that got national coverage after someone reportedly kidnapped him and then held him for ransom has been found dead.
The dog's owner, Jennifer Thoma,s told police that Jagger went missing Oct. 4 and then she received a series of text messages from an unknown caller offering to exchange the dog for cash and prescriptions drugs.
On Monday, investigators said a dog matching Jagger's description was found dead along the train tracks near the 2400-block of Talley Way in Kelso. Police said it appeared that the dog had been struck by a passing train, but they were unsure if it had been somehow killed before.
Jagger's remains were taken to a local veterinarian for an exam to possibly determine the cause of death.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office had been tracking down leads and asking the public for help finding whoever is responsible for taking the Woodland pooch.
Investigators have asked that anyone who has information about the theft and extortion to call police.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh this is so beyond sad.... how totally horrible.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What the hell? what the..... is wrong with this world? Find them and hang em high, vigilante style

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I feel so sorry for the family that lost their beloved bully and for the bully that was killed. People that steel dogs just discuss me, they need to be shot on site. :cursing:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I totally agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. Some people are really cruel! :cursing:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OH, gosh. You think that he just ran off and someone was being cruel and trying to get something and didn't actually have him? They might have seen lost posters or something.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That is so sad. I hope that he didn't suffer too much. I feel so sorry for the family. That is just heart wrenching. What kind of sick world do we live in that people do stuff like that?

Danielle Cope

Mar 25, 2011
Manteca, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
that breaks my heart </3 I still haven't found my boston terrier that had gone missing in april, and I'm still trying, but ive gotten those calls saying " i killed your dog" and "i saw your dog on the side of the road, someone hit it." Ive heard it all to where i was in tears one time. but to have the dog held for ransom, and to find it dead, thats just so so heartbreaking, god i feel like crying :cry:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
There are no words for this. [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] I hope you are right, otherwise the thought it just too much. :*(

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
This just sickens me. To think that bulldog came from a loving home to end up like this. Now if that happened to me that would definitely send me over the edge.

TBone

Sep 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
T Bone
This is beyond sad.....it is cruel. I hope they find the monster(s) responsible for this and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Can't they trace text messages?

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] : Great Minds think alike.!

I'm sure those were prank calls and texts..
I have to believe the bully went AWOL and this horrible accident happened...
Other that that I cant even fathom nor describe what kind of a person would kill a dog, much less a Bully

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i just wanted to let everyone know there is an update on this story...2 people have been arrested for the kidnapping and trying to extort money and killing this bullie...it is on msnbc today

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.