I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone ever had this reaction?

Mostly positive experiences, but I have had people totally avoid him, I think it is because his bottom teeth stick out making him look like he is mean....IF they only knew what a total wuss he was and he would lick them to death if they would pet him.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack-Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kayrahbear View Post
    Today Roscoe went with me to Petsmart. A little boy came up to pet him and his mother jerked him away and told him that 'Those bull breeds bite. Don't pet him.'
    I ran into the same problem when I take him to the dog park. I've had people tell me that he looks mean and they're afraid to pet him.

Have any of you ever had a problem with people thinking your bully is vicious or mean? I guess the idea seems so silly to me because I know what a big loving goofball Roscoe is.
    We haven't had that problem with Jack because he's still a puppy and just haven't had him out much. But we used to get that with our english mastiff who was 170 lbs. Max was a big sweetheart and even bigger couch potato. He'd only hurt you if he stepped on your foot. But everyone was afraid of him. I'm guessing if you don't know the breed, the look can be intimidating. As a parent to small children though, I'm teaching them to never run up to a dog that they don't know regardless of the breed. I'm teaching them that they need to ask permission before approaching a dog and how to hold out a hand to let the dog sniff first.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    Haven't had this with Tyson because he looks like teddy bear and a hamster had a baby . As Dozer got older though his bottom teeth stuck out and I ran into this once in a while. Even from people I knew. I was told a couple of times that he "looks mean " The house next to mine is a rental and people move in and out often. So I didn't mind if they were a bit afraid of him. I didn't do much to change their minds as most people know what a bulldog costs and I didn't want them getting any ideas
    lol. Teddy bear and a hamster!?

It's mostly positive with Stig and Punkin as well. The only people who do avoid are the ones that thing they're pitbulls. Until they see oodles of people around the boys that they actually come up and learn that they're ebs and are family dogs all around.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

I get this on occasion. But it is usually from the very same people that say she is a pitbull.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have only had a few people ask me if he bits or is mean before they ask to pet him and I tell he will lick them to death.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    I have only had a few people ask me if he bits or is mean before they ask to pet him and I tell he will lick them to death.
    That reminds me of when Stig got his nails dremmeled at a store before. There weren't any free tables so the tech had to do it on the floor. Stig never sits still for these things so she asked if he was a biter. My bf and I giggled and said, no, not at all. And guess what he did a couple of seconds later in the middle of getting his nails done, freed himself from my bf's grip enough to give the tech a whole wad of licking. lol. Needless to say, the tech breathed a lot better after that.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@savemejeebus too funny.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    lol. Teddy bear and a hamster!?
    I know! What a fabulous combo!!! I love hamsters! Teddy Bears are pretty fun too - unless people are digging hearts out of their chests in which case, it's just gross. *snork*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads