Oh YES Fall Leaves and Bully's by Christmas

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
WE are having a wonderful Fall season this year. The leaves are in full bloom. What a surprise this morning when I took Pepper out for her constitutional and end up having to pull a leaf from her hind end by the stem because she enjoys the crunch they make when she eats them.:barf:
THEN While I am down there low and behold I spy that she is now in heat.
I'll be calling the breeder this morning to get her breeding set up with Ch. McElhenneys Gold Strike aka.Spike.
Looks like I'll be having BULLY'S BY CHRISTMAS !!!!!
And to mark the occasion I have two names for the first male and female pup. Olive the Other Reindeer ,and Harold Angel Sing.
Been waiting for this the past two months and now that its almost here ......

Pepper and Spike

peppose2.jpgSire2.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
How brave you are. They can be more work than human babies. With those two, they will have beautiful one!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
baby bullies for christmas! that sounds sweet! pepper sure is cute :)

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you.
I was going to hold off til next heat but this being Gatlinburg it really slows down right after New Years plus I'll be cutting back my shop hours to 6 pm instead of 10pm. So all in all if I wait another cycle I run the risk of a litter late next summer when the town is packed and I am working 12-13 hour days. 6 of one, half dozen of another and the best plan is to go ahead and get her bred and then have her fixed this cycle. At least if I am going to be up all hours carrying for pups it won't be during the most busiest time of year. I made an agreement that we are only selling pups to responsible knowledgeable pet owners ,preferably Bully owners. Not Craigs Listing these pups.
Spike 's sire was the Bully the was in that Jerry Clooney movie, Leatherheads.
I have to have her to the breeder in 9 days so while she is away in the midst of her amorous love affair with Spike I'll be staring on the nursery.
Any of you that have been through this already, What dry food would you suggest for a pregnant Bully ?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has quite a bit of knowledge on the subject. I'm sure she can give you lots of tips.

Oh, I thought they always artificially incemminated bullies. Why does she need to be there 9 days? Shows what I know about it. LOL

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
baby bullies for christmas! that sounds sweet! pepper sure is cute :)
Thank you April. I have a feeling she will make a good mom .
When I first saw Spike I told myself that had to be one of the homeliest looking Bullys I have ever seen. It was like " My word , look at the size of that beasts head!!!"":bully:
But he really is a sweet natured guy and and he actually has a lot of face wrinkles. His Owner really was proud of Spikes bullocks . He went on and on about them.
" Ya ever see such a pair on a bully before?":detective: So while he and I were discussing Bully bullocks the wife's rolled their eyes and went inside :laugh:

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
@desertskybulldogs has quite a bit of knowledge on the subject. I'm sure she can give you lots of tips.

Oh, I thought they always artificially incemminated bullies. Why does she need to be there 9 days? Shows what I know about it. LOL
Bruce, the optimum time to do the A.I . is the 10th day after they start bleeding from going into heat, there is a small window of opportunity so to speak, the breeder only has a few days to make sure she takes.
So instead of me trying to do all this I am just taking her there and let him do it as he knows about this way more than I do.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh looks like some sweet bullies on the way soon. i dont know anything about it either but i do admire you for taking on baby bullies. how cute and fun if you have the time.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pepper and Spike are good looking and should have some beautiful pups.

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got off the phone with the breeder , he wants her there next saturday so he can get her ready . I am so excited ,Im gonna be a Pa.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
WE are having a wonderful Fall season this year. The leaves are in full bloom. What a surprise this morning when I took Pepper out for her constitutional and end up having to pull a leaf from her hind end by the stem because she enjoys the crunch they make when she eats them.:barf:
THEN While I am down there low and behold I spy that she is now in heat.
I'll be calling the breeder this morning to get her breeding set up with Ch. McElhenneys Gold Strike aka.Spike.
Looks like I'll be having BULLY'S BY CHRISTMAS !!!!!
And to mark the occasion I have two names for the first male and female pup. Olive the Other Reindeer ,and Harold Angel Sing.
Been waiting for this the past two months and now that its almost here ......

Pepper and Spike

View attachment 13163View attachment 13164

omg I had Dolly bred with his brother. Here is a picture, His name was Winston, no lie, his real life brother. Small world. She had 11 puppies and Winston came from a large litter also and my breeder commented on how fertile he was. 180-76-2[1].jpg180-89[1].jpg congrats and good luck Victor, enjoy the experience.

And by the way, Rocky was the name of the Bully in Leatherheads.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Rocky was the name of the Champion Bully in the movie Leatherheads.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.