SERIOUSLY!!

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
I couldn't believe what I was hearing at the vet today, I brought Zoey in to have her rope and eyes checked out because they have been VERY moist lately and had staining...anyway he was telling me that some ppl are actually opting to do a surgery that removes the skin folds:nonono::cursing: I COULDN"T believe that!!! before he could even finish I said NOW way wouldI EVER do that or consider it (nor was he trying to get me too, just giving all remedies for stuff) but still I was instantly mad that there was even that kind of surgery out there!!

I am happy to report though that thanks to all the great advice I get on here that he couldn't give me anything other the stuff I have been doing I learned from all of you!! Just keep up what I am doing!!! I have to admit it felt GREAT to go in there and be told how great of a bully momma I am and that all I do for them is the right thing to do!!! Thank you all again for all the advice, support and VERY useful info!!! :thankyou::hug:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Yeah my first vet mentioned that to me the first visit Brooke had. She was like "Have you ever had a bulldog before? Because you have to clean in their wrinkles and nose rope, and some people get the rope removed." That must be the most terrible thing everrr.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have never ever heard of that before ..... that is just disgusting!!! :cursing:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
But why stop there.... Asides from removing their wrinkles lets remove their piggy tails so we dont have to be bothered with that tail pocket... And how about removing their eyelids so we can avoid those cherry eye issues . Maybe have their nostrils surgically enlarged so as to stop their snoring .. While we're at it , a little electric shock therapy in order to alter their personality cause hell, they're just to loving and we cant have that in our busy lives..! Ok yhat last one was too much.. I may be having one too many Jack n cokes! Ha ha

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
But why stop there.... Asides from removing their wrinkles lets remove their piggy tails so we dont have to be bothered with that tail pocket... And how about removing their eyelids so we can avoid those cherry eye issues . Maybe have their nostrils surgically enlarged so as to stop their snoring .. While we're at it , a little electric shock therapy in order to alter their personality cause hell, they're just to loving and we cant have that in our busy lives..! Ok yhat last one was too much.. I may be having one too many Jack n cokes! Ha ha

Yeah then remove those nasty annoying little legs... and take out some of them innards. Then you have exactly what you need in your life. A little hairy pillow. :blink:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I had that done on our Sarah many years ago, I had no choice. Her face was beyond miserable, she would rub it until it bled everywhere. She was allergic to everything. Nor did I have the support and knowledge we have here. Knew nothing about dog food, but she had the full screen allergy testing and was allergic to almost everything. Heck I am pretty sure I was lucky to have dial up Internet back then! Sarah was one of the main reasons EBN was created. But to do it for non medical reasons.... No way.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Now I know... Panalog ointment would have done wonders for her, a good diet... I wish I could have done for her what I do for my bullies now... *sob*

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I had that done on our Sarah many years ago, I had no choice. Her face was beyond miserable, she would rub it until it bled everywhere. She was allergic to everything. Nor did I have the support and knowledge we have here. Knew nothing about dog food, but she had the full screen allergy testing and was allergic to almost everything. Heck I am pretty sure I was lucky to have dial up Internet back then! Sarah was one of the main reasons EBN was created. But to do it for non medical reasons.... No way.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - I remember you mentioning that before....the rubbing until it bled....oh how horrible that must have been! You get to a point where you'll do ANYTHING to make the madness stop! Wow that must have been a hell of a surgery and healing period to nurse a dog through. I'll bet "the cone" was your friend back then, huh? Sarah's misfortune was our collective gain - that's for sure.

@Alice M Kouw - nice to know we're "doing it right" huh? When Bea had to go in for her mega hives I got a similar assurance from Dr. Terry. Feels good!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Now I know... Panalog ointment would have done wonders for her, a good diet... I wish I could have done for her what I do for my bullies now... *sob*
You did the best for Sarah back then w/ what you knew to alleviate her misery. Now we all know other options for treating itchy skin folds (thanks to EBN and other knowledgable resources)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@desertskybulldogs well the way i see it you made something good from something horrible. im sure we all have regrets about a pet from long ago when we didnt know what we do now. i know i do. and places like ebn help us to not have things like what was being mentioned by the op happen unless absolutely necessary. and its working and people are waking up. it does sicken me that things like skin fold removal is done just because you are incovenienced with your bully. :cursing:

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I guess I don't understand why get a bully if you are going to alter if for no medical reason? Plastic surgery for dogs? wrong.

I do wonder sometimes if a C-pap would work wonders....:tease:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It amazes me what some of these vets come up with. Thanks to [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for this wonderful site so we can learn from each other and new peeps with bullies can learn also, so when a vet comes up with something stupid we will know better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.