hives

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i came home today after being at my house for 2 days to hives on sarah. bout 4 or 5 nice sized hives on her rump area. i looked all over and could find no more and no other signs of allergy other than red eyes and runny nose. i have no idea what is going on as he has been here with her. i dont know if he fed her something or what. i do notice that the windows are open and wonder if her outside allergies came inside. i texted him and he has given her no allergy meds today. i gave her 2 benadryl and she is laying down sleeping now. like i said i see no other problems like hives on belly or red streaks or stuff like that. just a few hives. she has had no hives for like a month now. any thoughts about this?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm a little confused ... who is "he"?? I'm guessing you've been away for a couple of days, so you might need to question "he" more closely and see if something happened or she was given something.

To be honest, anybody other than you is probably not going to be as careful purely because they haven't had to battle the consequences. So something very innocent that they thought nothing of, could have been given to her, or she could have come into contact with it.

Now she is in your care .. see if the hives start to settle down after a couple of days.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] He is my bf. i dont live with him all the time i spend a few days at my house a week. and no he has not given her anything. she seems ok this morning so im hoping it was just that the windows were open yesterday. has a couple hives left but other than her runny nose and red eyes this morning seems fine. my other dogs are having trouble to so im hoping its just enviromental.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] is right; the BF could have done something - gave her something, dropped something, etc. - and have no idea what it was. Maybe next time you go home, take Sarah with you! :hug:Hugs to you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - I know you've struggled terribly with Sarah's skin issues!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It has gotta be the environment... Banks has such issues this time of year. Face is almost always pink for something out in the air. Nitschke was even worse - when he was a puppy we swore we were going to have to put him in a bubble to keep the allergies away

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Yes she still has the hives on and off and tonight I could swear I could see them popping out when I took her outside so I'm thinking its the air. Thanks for confirming this some more

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
@2BullyMama Yes she still has the hives on and off and tonight I could swear I could see them popping out when I took her outside so I'm thinking its the air. Thanks for confirming this some more

Ohmygod...poor baby! How's she doing today [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - how's Banks?

Grandma is sniffling and snorking around here too for the last couple of days. I thought SPRING was allergy season? I'm not allergic to anything so I have no frame of reference. Well, I am allergic to tequilla. When I drink it I break out in handcuffs - but that's it.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well bout the same. still some hives which is why i think its seasonal. she has like 3 now. but the runny nose n red eyes are better today. the hives go and come. otherwise she is fine. no red face itchiness and such no hives on belly or red streaks or other food allergy things. just runny nose red eyes and some hives on and off. i have allergies and mine have been off the charts last few days so im hoping it will clear up soon. thanks for asking yes [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] how is banks today?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online