Vegas needs NO surgery!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I took Vegas today to his new vet (WHOM I AM IN LOVE WITH!!!) We were there an hour and a half almost, since Vegas is a new patient, the whole time Doc. is on the floor sitting with Vegas while Vegas was licking his face and getting his butt scratched. He got all our history and I told him about the allergy shots that he used to get.

Now new plan of attack!! His eyes are swollen as well as his inner ears (but not infected) all ALLERGY related, no etropian eye surgery needed. He did give Vegas a shot this time only, we are scheduling a dermatology appt. to take him and have a full allergy screen so that I can start giving him shots to what he is actually allergic too, not a cover up. Doc said he was far away from any type of eye surgery, it was all due to just having severe allergies.

He was VERY pleased with his diet, but wants me to cut out the yogurt, in case of dairy allergy until we are seen. He totally blames his allergies on enviromental. He kept asking me questions and thanks to this site I was not only able to answer properly but he KNEW, I knew what I was doing with him and said Vegas was Very healthy, great weight, and looked fantastic. I am sooo relieved and so happy with the new plan of attack!!

P.S. and my new vet is HOT!!!! :lol: :evil:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], we had our new house inspected right after the vet, that took over 3 hours and we had to eat since we have been on the run all day with no food in us........mom, LOL!!!!!!

And our house passed with flying colors, now the appraisal and then keys in our hands!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh that is so great. I knew a second opinion was in order. Isn't it great to feel good once you find a great vet!
Today was a great day for you, now you can forget about last week!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy no surgery and that you found a vet that you like, sure makes a big difference. Yeah for Vegas and you. Great news on the house too. Good way to start the weekend. Enjoy.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
YAY VEGAS!!!!! I"ll bet he was just lovin' all the attention today... Did he get to run around HIS new yard??? :):):)

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Sounds like it was a banner day a the way around! I love good days! Congrats on the house and glad to hear Vegas is getting what he REALLY needs.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Don't you want to just call the other vet and say"Na Na Na Na Na screw you and the broom you rode in on"?So glad you found a new Vet you like so quickly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SWEET!! Your new vet sounds a lot like our vet (Dr. Rossi) he sits on the floor with them while he is talking with us... LOVE him. Love that no surgery is needed and you are getting the allergy test done - it will give you so much info.

So, I'm thinking Vegas will need monthly appointment for his allergy shot??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What a relief!!! That goes to show you always listen to your gut, you knew it sounded wrong. Good job!!!! Sad for the ones who dont know and do the surgeries. I am curious to see the allergy test results. I bet you are too!!!!

By the way him being hot is a nice bonus i am sure! Makes my Dr.s appts much more pleasant also. haha

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
So you'll be taking Vegas to his hot vet appointments now without Joe??? I am so glad Vegas doesn't need surgery and is getting an allergy work-up. Some vets just think they need to "fix" everything wrong with Bulldogs with surgery. So good you got a second opinion.
Congrats on the house!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] what vet did you go to? Was it the one in Sarasota that I wrote about? If not...your vet sounds awesome!..and not because he's hot! lol What is your vet's name. I really want to find a great one for Bubba...esp since I will be taking him to get fixed in the near future.

Dieselbaby

Sep 1, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I took Vegas today to his new vet (WHOM I AM IN LOVE WITH!!!) We were there an hour and a half almost, since Vegas is a new patient, the whole time Doc. is on the floor sitting with Vegas while Vegas was licking his face and getting his butt scratched. He got all our history and I told him about the allergy shots that he used to get.

Now new plan of attack!! His eyes are swollen as well as his inner ears (but not infected) all ALLERGY related, no etropian eye surgery needed. He did give Vegas a shot this time only, we are scheduling a dermatology appt. to take him and have a full allergy screen so that I can start giving him shots to what he is actually allergic too, not a cover up. Doc said he was far away from any type of eye surgery, it was all due to just having severe allergies.

He was VERY pleased with his diet, but wants me to cut out the yogurt, in case of dairy allergy until we are seen. He totally blames his allergies on enviromental. He kept asking me questions and thanks to this site I was not only able to answer properly but he KNEW, I knew what I was doing with him and said Vegas was Very healthy, great weight, and looked fantastic. I am sooo relieved and so happy with the new plan of attack!!

P.S. and my new vet is HOT!!!! :lol: :evil:

Awww were SOOOO happy for you and Vegas!! YAY.. So you know what question I have next.. who is this amazing vet!? I would love to know more!! Does he seem reasonable and bully knowledgeable? I def wasn't to impressed with the new vet i was looking into, they never called me back on info on his allergy test.

Soo happy that your so pleased with him and Veggy dosent need eye surgery!!:D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yea all the way around today. so glad vegas doesnt need surgery. and yes your vet being hot is such a bonus. makes visits so nice. and congrats on the house. now maybe you can celebrate your birthday the right way since yours didnt go so hot with that other vet and all. make joe take you out again :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.