winter coat ...boots???

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ok so last year Dozer had a winter coat. I put it on him anytime we went outside. It was easy to find because he was a puppy. Well i'm having a heck of a time finding a coat for Tyson. I have hoodies for him ,but would really like something warmer. plus size pups doesn't really have anything. DO you guys put winter coats on your bulldogs? Where do you find them. Also are boots necessary? Keep in mind where I live we freeze our butts off several months of the year. I know dogs have fur but Tyson doesn't have much to speak of at the moment

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
I was having a hard time trying to find something for Brewer and he is only 5 months old, so I feel your pain. I ended up going to Target and they have a really good selection by us. I have not bought one yet only because he is growing so fast so I am waiting until it starts to snow so it will at least last most of the winter. As far as the boots go, I don't know what to do about that either. I am thinking that if you wipe off the feet when you bring him in, then it should be ok, but I am not an expert.

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Have you tried the website/catalog Pet Edge?
They have coats in size XL - they are wholesale though, so I think you need a minimum order.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=2532]beachbumjen[/MENTION] hadn't thought about that! But my former boss orders through them monthly so I could just ask her to pop in an order fir me. Thoughts on an extra large.
Is it going to be too long??

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Thats the same problem I have with Brooke. In order to get the right fit for around her neck and body it then makes it too long, and she is only 35 lbs so I cannot image how much harder it gets as she gets bigger.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
good luck getting boots on him...we try them on ours you would think we were killing them...the faces and holding their paws in the air

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
SO I found a website that makes coats and apparel for bulldogs only. They have some really cute ones, they are all HAND MADE ITALIAN COUTURE . LMBO a coat is only 188 pounds. I think a pound right now is about a dollar and a half. AT that price the dog and I will both be freezing

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I want little matching yellow rain slickers - and boots? What a dream! - for these two so badly it's disturbing. So. I gotta ask myself, "Self, Is it for the dog - or for you?" Clearly, it's for me. :p
I'm not giving up on this dream yet. We spent a good two hours slopping around in the rain this morning, doing a little something I like to call "puddle swimming". Yes, I plan on catching video of this activity. It's heeelarious!

Most Reactions