Worst two weeks of my life

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
it all started on saturday two weeks ago, i blew a tire on my car. Earlier in the day my great uncle also passed. Then on monday the worst happened.
Gregory and I came home around 6pm, walked up the stairs to our second floor apartment. As soon as i opened the door to our hallway, we were attacked by a loose dog in the hall. He bit gregorys head and neck. I was in such shock all i could do was scream and try to pull the dog off. Eventually the owner came around the corner and took his dog away. Not a word nothing. After i got gregory in our apartment and calmed down i went to look for the jerk. I couldnt find him so i had to call the landlord to ask if he knew which unit he lived in. He told me he was just around the corner and to go knock on his door and ask if his dog was utd on his shots. He came out in the hall and when i asked if the dog was utd he started yelling at me about how my dog should be muzzled and that he isnt well socialized.. it took everything inside my not to punch him in the face. So i turned around went back to our aparment and called the landlord back. He said to write a formal complaint to the owner of the building and call animal services. I am still waiting for them to come out and take my statement ( two weeks later). We then went to the er vet to get him checked out, no stitches needed.
needless to say im still a little angery about this jerkface. he didnt offer to pay the vet bill or even admit to what happened.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Oh My! I hope everything works out in your favor and that you an Gregory are ok! You should get a pose of bulldogs and their owners to beat down his door!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oh my goodness, i'm really fuming about this. I'm so glad Gregory is "okay" meaning no stitches, but must have been a scare for him. I could only imagine what you're going thru right now though. It would be great if animal control could speak to this #%!* (i'm not allowed to write such words on this forum), and haul his a$$ out of your building. I'm thinking you may want to contact animal services again since it's already been 2 weeks. I'm sorry this happened to you!

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
ugh. One of my bigger fears. I'm always tuning into my dog radar on walks, but it never fails that every so often someone just assumes it's always okay to let their dog roam leash-less. And they are also the ones who are indignant that the world expects leashes in public places. I just don't get it. Glad you're dog is okay. Stressful, though.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It's jerks like that neighbor of yours that ruin it for GOOD DOG PEOPLE. (Like all of us, of course) :angel:

How's the injuries?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my how awful. im glad gregory is ok. i just dont understand people who think its ok to let their dogs run loose them blame others when it attacks another dog. i hope someone talks to this person and lets them know this is not ok.

OP
buffalobabie

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
they were too bad, just superfical. i think its more of an emotional scar. We had to start working with the trainer again since he is nervous of other dogs on leash now. Animal services just left as well, a mussle order is going to be issued for the dog, and suggested he pay the vet bills. i doubt i will see any money. im a little nervous that it stired the pot i havent see the man in a few days im kind of nervous of him yelling at me or something.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It is bad enough when people refuse to be responsible for their own actions, but is unforgivable when they turn around to make it your fault. What a horrible man. I am so sorry that you and Gregory had to go through all that. Poor little guy.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
they were too bad, just superfical. i think its more of an emotional scar. We had to start working with the trainer again since he is nervous of other dogs on leash now. Animal services just left as well, a mussle order is going to be issued for the dog, and suggested he pay the vet bills. i doubt i will see any money. im a little nervous that it stired the pot i havent see the man in a few days im kind of nervous of him yelling at me or something.

[MENTION=2194]buffalobabie[/MENTION] - glad no one is seriously hurt. You've stirred the pot alright but you have nothing to be nervous about. Your neighbor is the one in the WRONG here. You were just trying to go HOME for crying out loud. If nothing else, that dude should be hiding from you and Gregory out of fear of embarrassment.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Agree with [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] ..

Wait a good amount of time, say 3-4 weeks.
Then start leaving your neighbor Gregory's care packages ( :poo:) on his door step.

Its just the neighborly thing to do. :laugh:

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
That's awful :( glad to hear Gregory wasn't badly hurt. That still doesn't excuse the ignorant neighbour though. Sounds like that dog needs a muzzle too, I'd just keep out their way.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So sorry about the crappy past couple of weeks. Hopefully this week is much better.

I say if the neighbour's dog continues to be a problem, I would bring an umbrella or something whenever you take out Gregory. At least that way you have something to defend yourself with. Can't remember who told me this but it was advice given when the owner who also lived in an apartment was always having trouble with an ignorant person's dog.

OP
buffalobabie

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
So sorry about the crappy past couple of weeks. Hopefully this week is much better.

I say if the neighbour's dog continues to be a problem, I would bring an umbrella or something whenever you take out Gregory. At least that way you have something to defend yourself with. Can't remember who told me this but it was advice given when the owner who also lived in an apartment was always having trouble with an ignorant person's dog.

its funny you should say that, after it happened i called our dog trainer for tips. She said the same thing, im such a spaz though id prolly drop it. another thing she suggested was an air horn. Animal services came yesterday and issued a muzzle order for the dog so im hoping it will be fine now.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I'd have him in small claims court just for the sheer annoyance of making him be there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online