NOSEY Question......

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
our vet charges 60$ for a visit, then meds are extra. If its a recheck its 40$ and if its a like re check on the recheck its free. he will trim the nails for free if we are already there for a visit but if we just drop in for nails its 10$.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have always paid an office fee.... started @ $30.00 seven years ago and it s now, i think $45.00. when we di both at once, it was cheaper for the second but i forget the amount. We've never paid for follow-up appointments - just for any meds. also, something we did that may help all of you, if you do not do this already - we have all their shots/annual wellness checkups done at the same time to save on trips to the office and save on the $$$$.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
def have an office visit...not sure the price......depends on the visit. sometimes there is no charge...recheck after surgery, stiches coming out...etc..last time we went he had his anal glands checked it was 75 total. i just go with it....

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Well, if it's any consolation, around here (southern California) my husband I just assume we'll need $100+ any time we walk in the door. I've started requesting specifically for a "tech only" visit for things like checking Lupe's ears, eyes and her PH level because when the Dr. is part of the visit they charge an "exam fee" on top of the test fees. Forget about adding an xray. I should really just set up a direct deposit account with them.

Would shop around, but they take really good care of all my babies (2 dogs, 2 cats)

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I live in Sarasota, as you know. I take all 3 dogs to Dr K at Forrest Lakes animal clinic off of beneva. He never charges an office visit and he is very good. (Not a whole lot of personality though). His fees are the cheepest I've ever exp. I am looking, however, into another vet that specializes in bulldogs(also here in Sarasota) for when I get Bubba fixed. He was rec by another member. His name is Dr Steve Koch, Tuttel animal clinic. He also is a big contributor to the annual sarasota bulldog parade (need to find out when this is!). That's all I know.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Our vet started off charging $25 and in the past four years it has gone up to $50 now. It is a lot in my opinion because as somebody else has already posted on here, they get a lot of their money off all the procedures they do and also by charging phenomenal rates for something that you can get off Amazon for half the price. For example, I was charged $25 for my first tub of Duoxo pads for Maggie's wrinkles that I can now get off Amazon for $7.50 plus shipping. That is some mark-up!!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Shoot....I'm going to the same office for 35 years, they charge me for everything, and when I was taking all the kids at the same time, it was still $38 each + extra for nails and meds. So I decided it's easier to take them one at a time, since there's no advantage. Tell you the truth, after 35 years my dedication is running out. I'm feeling like they've been rushing me through, and the housecleaning there has alot to be desired. They've made lots of misdiagnosis since I have the bulldogs. My confidence in them has being running on empty. Yikes. :nope:
I will see how it goes tomorrow with Griz's visit. Last chance.
they've kept me coming back because they would take me in a heart beat with an emergency. even when I would bring stray's in.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
In my town, there's a vet clinic that doesn't charge vet fees - they're all vet volunteers. It's a crummy place and you have to know exactly what you want out of the vet because you're in and out of there - they only inspect the dog for what you tell them - so if you say you want the vet to check his ears for yeast, he won't bother looking at his butt for infection... make sense?

I go to a different vet - his office takes care of furry, scaley, feathery and everything in between. No, they're not english bulldog specialized vet but I haven't had need for anything bullie specific and they are pretty knowledgeable about english bulldogs in general. And yes, they charge exam fees which I don't mind paying because, it's about the only place in town that I can take my snakes, my turtles, my rats, and my dogs in at the same time... and yes, I get a multi-pet discount fee. Like, all 6 snakes can be seen for 1 exam fee (for their yearly check-up and preventative stuff).

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am answering without reading cuz well there are a lot of posts already and if i read I wont answer. lol. I pay for the visit if we see the vet. Our old vet also went out of business for whatever reason and it sucks cuz she would charge like 30 for the visit for both boys even together and in that visit she would clean then, clip nails and express the anal glands. Then if anything above that was needed we of course would pay for prescriptions or what not. Now at the new vet we use it seems to be much more expensive. We only pay the vet visit if seen by dr BUT on top of that we have to pay for anals, nails etc so I am not sure what they include in a visit aside from the vet looking at them. So hard to find a good vet for good cost and I have been sad since mine went out of business. Wish I could track her down! In the end I would say you have been very lucky up until now.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
our vet charges 30 dollars for an office visit plus meds if needed. also if take more than one in i get a group rate of 30 dollars. she doesnt charge me per dog. reading some of these other posts im very lucky it seems.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
My Vet charges about $40 also, but I usually dont have to pay it. I also have a discount attached to my account. He works closely with the rescue so he gets a lot of business from us. But he is also a very nice man. I can call his personal cell or email him for advice without office visits. He will see all of my bullies in one visit with no office fee and is great about calling in prescriptions for me. I hope you can find another Vet who you trust soon

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
You actually have been lucky when ever i have taken Bugzy in i have always paid$50 + meds and whatever else they charge, the only time i dont get charged office visit is when he gets his vaccinations by a tech...

Most Reactions