Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOSEY Question......

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NOSEY Question......

In my town, there's a vet clinic that doesn't charge vet fees - they're all vet volunteers. It's a crummy place and you have to know exactly what you want out of the vet because you're in and out of there - they only inspect the dog for what you tell them - so if you say you want the vet to check his ears for yeast, he won't bother looking at his butt for infection... make sense?

I go to a different vet - his office takes care of furry, scaley, feathery and everything in between. No, they're not english bulldog specialized vet but I haven't had need for anything bullie specific and they are pretty knowledgeable about english bulldogs in general. And yes, they charge exam fees which I don't mind paying because, it's about the only place in town that I can take my snakes, my turtles, my rats, and my dogs in at the same time... and yes, I get a multi-pet discount fee. Like, all 6 snakes can be seen for 1 exam fee (for their yearly check-up and preventative stuff).

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I am answering without reading cuz well there are a lot of posts already and if i read I wont answer. lol. I pay for the visit if we see the vet. Our old vet also went out of business for whatever reason and it sucks cuz she would charge like 30 for the visit for both boys even together and in that visit she would clean then, clip nails and express the anal glands. Then if anything above that was needed we of course would pay for prescriptions or what not. Now at the new vet we use it seems to be much more expensive. We only pay the vet visit if seen by dr BUT on top of that we have to pay for anals, nails etc so I am not sure what they include in a visit aside from the vet looking at them. So hard to find a good vet for good cost and I have been sad since mine went out of business. Wish I could track her down! In the end I would say you have been very lucky up until now.

heff101

$55.00 here to walk in the doors of any vet.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

our vet charges 30 dollars for an office visit plus meds if needed. also if take more than one in i get a group rate of 30 dollars. she doesnt charge me per dog. reading some of these other posts im very lucky it seems.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

My Vet charges about $40 also, but I usually dont have to pay it. I also have a discount attached to my account. He works closely with the rescue so he gets a lot of business from us. But he is also a very nice man. I can call his personal cell or email him for advice without office visits. He will see all of my bullies in one visit with no office fee and is great about calling in prescriptions for me. I hope you can find another Vet who you trust soon
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

You actually have been lucky when ever i have taken Bugzy in i have always paid$50 + meds and whatever else they charge, the only time i dont get charged office visit is when he gets his vaccinations by a tech...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

We pay either $55 or $65 per visit ... and it was the exact same when I went to the Bulldog Vet in New York. We don't pay for rechecks and our particular vet (it's a practice with about 6-8 vets) gets on the phone with me almost any time if it's something I don't feel I need to bring him in for. There have been a few times they didn't charge me the exam fee ... I think it's because we are there so much! Our vet is very mindful of the fact that everything costs so much and how often we've been there. She's totally worth the money 'cause she loves him so much!!!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads