Dozer to meet new friends

DozerWA

Sep 3, 2011
Marysville, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello All,

I just got the ok from our vet to introduce Dozer to other dogs. As I'm sure you all know, when he gets excited he turns into a trouble maker. Any tips on how to introduce him to some new friends and make it a positive experiance?

Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Keep him on leash till he settles down. Also, start out with the pet stores .. let him walk around and smell other dogs. Check the web for meet-up groups in your area or a dog daycare

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=3161]DozerWA[/MENTION] - I'd suggest first doing a "one on one" (or two even) with a trusted friend's healthy, balanced dog. That way, you are certain that it's a positive experience for Dozer. Bring a squirt gun / spray bottle in case your boy starts to get himself into trouble. If the other dog is truly balanced, they will communicate what they will / won't put up with without hurting your boy.

One of the first dogs Bo ever met was a little teeny Pomeranian named "Hugh". A tiny puff ball, he was. Bo tried to pull the "I"m going to put my head on your head dominance move" and Hugh told HIM what time it was! His dog mom was embarrassed and I stopped her. I told her that Hugh is just telling Bo what he'll put up with and won't put up with. Nothing wrong with that! The rest of the time, Bo gave Hugh more respect and they got along just fine.

The thing about mistakes is; you gotta have em. You can't correct him if he doesn't make a mistake. It's a learning experience!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i really cant add anthing to what [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] said just want to welcome you to the site:welcome:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.