Calmness at last - antlers

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Carolina Pet Pantry is a sponsor of EBN.
What that means is that [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] get financial support from them for purchases we make with them. Every little bit helps keep EBN running.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:ROFL: I find MOST pet store ladies are a bit dingy..but they DO have big hearts!! Yup..you will need a second antler..but just know..they will probably BOTH want the same one!

I'm not disparaging "dingy" - hey, even I've been dingy once or twice in my life (kidding) but yesterday, the only reason I got the NV salmon food I ordered because another bag of NVI salmon and rice came in and I was willing to take it anyway. :cursing: Nice lady but seriously, yesterday she and I had the EXACT SAME CONVERSATION we've had at least a half dozen times; "What kind of dog do you have?" Answer: "I have two English Bulldogs". When I go back in there to get another antler today, she and I will have that conversation again too. Betcha.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Jake was right on the money. It matters not how many antlers I have laying about these two will fight over the same one. The current antler of interest is literally chewed down to a nub and STILL they both want it. Soon as one of the dogs gets up from it the other comes tromping over and gives it a go.
I ended up getting a section of cow leg bone and Pepper enjoys the heck out of it. AND of course since she enjoys it the other dog wants it.

FP3.jpg Bone.jpg

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION] - You are so right! hahahahaha So funny.

I've learned that the antler is fun but the cow bone with the "peanut butter" goo inside is favored over the antler at the present time. Bo seems to be an obsessive compulsive chewer. He chomps that cowbone into dust. Whatever's in there can't be good for them - I think of it like "doggie junk food" - so I limit their time with them (each has one). I was hoping the antler would trump the junk food bone... not so. I think part of the problem is the size of the antler. It looked so big in the store but looking at everyone's pictures here, this one is small in comparison. That woman's mark up must be 500%..... LOL

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
The deer antler are smaller. If it is size you want then you want to get Elk antler. Deer antler is harder and not as porous as Elk , so its a bit of a trade off

Most Reactions

Members online