I may have finally lost it

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
My whole house is a remodel project. My bathroom is finally done except for a few pain touch up here and there. I finally got off my lazy butt to do it. As I'm going over the hand prints left on my door and trim I notice litlle dirty puppy paw print smudges. I got a little sad because Dozer used to paw at the door if I were on one side of it and he were on the other. I decided it was best to just continue what I was doing and paint over these last. Well I got done with everything else and decided I am NOT painting over those. So now I have a sparkling clean , freshly painted white door,except for the bottom 3 inches. Dirty paw prints and smudges line both sides and now i'm considering covering them with clear paint so they are there permanently :blink:. At least that way it can be "cleaned" My boyfriend just looked at me like I had lost my ind and walked away when I told him. But you know what , It's my house and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to come over.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you know what if you want to leave those there then do it. if someone dont like it so what. i cant say that i wouldnt do the same thing if something happens to sarah. i dont know if i would clear paint over it just in case somewhere down the line you change your mind. :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
hasn't he ever heard of art? what the heck? :ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't even like to clean my grandsons handprints off the glass!! ( of course that's cuz I DON'T do windows)..:laugh:Jen..I'm with you..your house..your heart..YOUR choice! I :love: the idea myself!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jen -- do what makes your heart smile - to hell with the world

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@Lucy-licious I love the idea but unfortunately after examining them with a magnafying glass (literally) I have concluded they are all pretty much smears:*(. Does anyone have any csi kinda ideas to find one? blacklight maybe?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Maybe paint a paw on one of the smudges or beside it. Just a thought.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
@Lucy-licious I love the idea but unfortunately after examining them with a magnafying glass (literally) I have concluded they are all pretty much smears:*(. Does anyone have any csi kinda ideas to find one? blacklight maybe?

I don't know about finding one on the door, but I know you can "lift" one with clear tape. That could be a way of preserving a print. I have a friend who is head of our police dept forensics unit so if I see him tonight, I'll ask.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I would of put the old door in the garage and bought a new one. That way you can work on it later. I'm not crafty but there must be a way to preserve the paw marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OR,,,,,,, you could paint over the smudges to make the door look nice and be cleaned easily; THEN paint a facsimile of a dog print where the smudges were. I don't think you need to originals. Its the thought that counts.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] .. I like the idea but the door is only 6 months old and it's an odd size special order no way am I getting away with that lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm extremely sentimental when it comes to my pets, have been since I was a kid. How about going to your hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes) and getting a can of CLEAR spray paint (a clear coat) and spray over that area? I just asked the hubby and that's what he said to do (he just got down clear coating the paint on his truck after fixing it from that mishap we had). That would preserve the print/smudge.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Did the vet give you a paw print when Dozer passed? If yes, trace it on to a piece of paper , cut it out and then trace it onto the door. Then paint it a color of choice .. then clear coat it to preserve

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.