Vegas hates me!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Over the last 48 hours, he did not get an allergy shot so he is itchy, he did get an internal anal gland expression :nope:,

He was doped up from the allergy pill, got his face, feet and butt scrubbed with the new yeast medication that he hated, got his ears flushed then got antibiotic ear drops, then last but not least his new lubricating eye drops.

It is official, he just sits in his crate stoned out of his mind on this new medication trying to wish me dead!! He will not even come to me when I call him, he just sits there (When he is awake) and stares at me. (I can't blame him, every time he comes out it is something else done to him)

When he does come out of his crate he runs from me. It makes me want to :crying: I am suppose to give him this pill 3x a day, I only gave him one yesterday and that is all I will be giving him today to help with his itchys.

I am going to make him hate me even more because in a little bit we are going bye-bye to get his nails dremeled, I have one :cursing: bully!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Vegas..I read this to Jake and he jumped up and ran away! :eek:...apparently you are LEGENDARY! But..on the other hand..you make me look GOOD! :j/k:... Kelly...you are doing what he needs..he :love: you and he will forgive you! Nothing a few treats won't help! :hug: to mommy!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Did you get an appointment with a different vet? I think that's what he needs.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:ROFL:

your funny. he's probably wondering " what's next"

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
poor Vegas and mama! Have you considered a different vet? I know this one is new to you and maybe she just isn't right. It's terrible that he is so itchy and also that he is so drugged up. That is not a way to go through life. I read your last post about why she doesn't want to give him allergy shots anymore ,but at a certain point I think it's worth considering quality of life vs. quantity. Maybe once he adjusts to the new meds they won't make him so loopy and he will be back to loving his mama. Good luck.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Everytime I do something to VegasR or O that requires touching them for reasons other that to dish out love..they get a treat. They get the treat after the "mean touching" is done. Yesterday, Vegas got ear drops. As soon as I was done (daddy held him down) he jumped up and ran for the treat jar. Orion gets her eye drops twice daily. We give them right before breakfast and dinner. So her reward is still food. Same with the nails or the vet. When O was in the vet with the eye ulcer, it cracked me up. They would touch her to take her temp. As soon as they were done..she turned to me. Luckily I had treats in my pocket. Same with the eye exam. As soon as the Dr moved away to get something, she would turn to me. I did forget once. Oh man, she was not happy. Dr. Larsen did have treats, but they weren't 'good' ones. I feed the low calorie Charlie Bear treats.

Hugs to VegasB.
And to you.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
yuo are just doing what he needs or should I say what you can for him for now. I would call and explain to the new vet and maybe they could work him in sooner? Hugs to you it will be okay! You are a wonderful mommy so don't ever doubt that!!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], yes he goes next Friday to a new vet, I could not get him in any sooner. It is a brand new Small animal hospital.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], Vegas runs like a bolt of lightning to the kitchen for his treat when I have done something unusual to him, so he is rewarded with treats when I have to do all this.
[MENTION=3141]Dieselbaby[/MENTION], My retired vet was her vet, so the both of us are in search of a new vet, I told her about the one I found and she told me about one that is an EB expert. We are both looking together since we live so close. We both loved our retired vet. He was old fashioned but he got the job done and was excellent with Vegas.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He will forgive you soon. I can' wait until you see another vet. I have interviewed and gone through 5 since I have had Abby. Finally found a good one. Believe it or not the 5 I went through had different opinions on Eye surgery, Hip surgery, allergy shots etc....I got so fed up, I just went by what I knew helped and how Abby was doing. Like I said before, never had the eye surgery and just now is having drops for dry eye. Never had the hip surgery and until she got old, did what she wanted to. Allery shots are rare since I figured out what she was allergic to.

maybe getting him a treat and the pill in some food. Once he does come out, lay on the floor and love on him. He just wants lovin for now.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was wondering if you could try a new allergy med for the itching like zyrtec or benadryl. sarah could not tolerate the hydroxyzine either the vet gave us. i give her zyrtec mostly now. she does well on it doesnt drug her up. sarah had the exact opposite problem on it. she would hump me for hours afterward:shout:needless to say i changed allergy meds. sarah also gives me the stink eye when i have to do her regimen for her yeast but she gets over it. hang in there it will get better.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Poor you ... I have the same thing with my foster bully, Tinkerbell. She is on 3 different eye meds and two for her ears. She runs into her cage and sits right at the back as far away from me as possible.

I have found a wonderful way of stopping this, and now Tinkerbell doesn't "hate" me anymore.

I get my daughter to do it all!!! :ROFL:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
What is the dose of hydroxyzine? Lucy is 55 lbs and gets 60 MG twice a day and only gets it 3 times a day on really bad days. (which is rare) Lucy never gets groggy. That med may not be working for him. Poor baby. Wish I could give more info to help.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION], his are 50 MG of hydroxyzine suppose to be 3 times a day, I have only given him one each morning and he acts like he is high as a kite!!
PS- Vegas weighs 63.2 as of Thursday.

Last edited:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I expected you to tell me that he was on 70 mg with the response he is having! This doesn't seem to be working. I have some shampoo called allermyl and a leave in conditioner called resisoothe I got from my vet. You can google it. Both are made by virbac. I used it over the summer when Lucy had a flare. I can send it to you if you are feeling like you need something to soothe him. This would work more on the body. I didn't put it on Lucy's face. Not sure if that will help. Let me know.

Hugs to you both. Cant wait 'til you get to the new vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Vegas, he's just like Buddy, he will see me coming with the ear cleaning stuff and he runs and hides. Glad you found a new vet and hope it works out. Keep us posted on the new vet and we will keep out fingers crossed. Give Vegas a big hug from us.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.