Vegas hates me!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION], I so appreciate the offer, but Vegas has a fantastic shampoo from our retired vet, it is anti-fungal/yeast, I massage it into him and leave it on for 10 min. then rinse real good. Tomorrow is official bath day although I have been washing him with the new stuff the new vet gave us (just face, feet) No he is only 50MG for a 63 lb. boy?? I don't know why he is acting so doped up but he is. I think if I would give him more than one he would go into a coma. It has rocked his world and he just looks doped up and walks like he is drunk. This has been a stressful weekend with him and will be a stressful week until the new vet visit Friday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In reading through the later posts... I think my guys shots are totally different than Vegas'.... we had a serum made based on their allergens. It was not a steroid shot. Maybe look into that with your new vet

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
@LucysMum , his are 50 MG of hydroxyzine suppose to be 3 times a day, I have only given him one each morning and he acts like he is high as a kite!!
PS- Vegas weighs 63.2 as of Thursday.
]

50 mg of Hydroxyzine three times daily?? No wonder he's drugged up and sleepy..lol
I have bad allergies and I take that for mine. I take 75 mg in the morning and 75 mg at night. So..150 mg daily..same as Vegas. And I'm quite a bit bigger than Vegas! When I started on it, I had to start on only 25 mg 2x daily. It'll knock you out at first, takes quite awhile to get used to it so that it doesn't knock you out. They will even give patients in the ER hydroxyzine to help get them to sleep..not even kidding.

Poor you and Vegas. He knows you love him!! Delilah gets really upset when I have to do anything with her, too. After I clean her wrinkles she just runs away and sits in the corner in her bed and gives me the stink eye.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I only give 25mg of hydrox when needed. Maybe try only giving him that much?

As for the shots, your vet is not lying about them. I had the same discussion you had, almost exactly the same. We were traveling and seeing different vets (this was years ago for Sarah), and they would give her the steroid shot. Once I was somewhere long enough to get several, it was brought to my attention.

I told the vet that she is miserable without them, and that so what if she lived longer if she had a horrible itchy life!!! How was that an improvement?

The vet then discussed with me getting the allergy testing done, and from those tests they would create a serum to inject into her, over the course of a year. We also opted to have her nose wrinkle removed so her face could breathe. It was always wet and she rubbed it so much she was scabbed all over it ALL the time.

So maybe, just maybe, rethink this into a new thought, that potentially you could be heading down a new path to make things better for Vegas in the future. The steroid shots are masking the problem, maybe it's time to fix the source?

On the other hand, some bullies do not react well to the serums. It will be a slight gamble.

On that note, I would like to finish by telling you that when a bully has severe allergies their eyelids will likely roll due to swelling. So maybe Vegas has entropion only when he is under attack.

A final option is for you to come house hunting in Arizona :D. We have less allergens here!!! I need a bully neighbor who is as nuts as me!!

Members online

No members online now.