Demon continued.....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
It has been getting much cooler here, especially at night. Chaos has also began coughing a little here and there, so we finally decided since he had been a few weeks without chewing anything up, to get him another kennel mat so he won't be laying on the cold plastic tray. Well guess what!!! It wasn't in there 10 minutes until the middle of it had a hole right in the middle of it!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: What am I ever gonna do with this guy who I love so much despite all of his demonic spazz outs??? Any suggestions? I seriously worry about him being cold but how can I put something in there if he is going to chew it up and possibly swallow some of it....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Doesn't someone make indestructible pads. I'm sure someone here mentioned them. Good luck ..... he's just lucky he is so cute.... LOL

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Can you give him a safe treat to have in conjunction with the new bed? (So he'll focus on the new chew thing - antler? - and not the bed?)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Can you give him a safe treat to have in conjunction with the new bed? (So he'll focus on the new chew thing - antler? - and not the bed?)
That might be worth a try!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I went to the carpet store and had two pieces cut out the right size for the bottom (Leftover carpet that cost $10.00 a piece), then I ducked taped the he*l out of it around all four sides! Vegas can not dig it up nor chew it up. I take the tray out every couple of days to vacuum and every two weeks I switch out the carpet. It is a pain in the butt, but it has worked best with us. I throw the carpet in the washer and then I lay it out flat to dry for a few days. Yes a pain but the best solution I have found. P.S. make sure the carpet does not have a stiff backing, I had to search to find one that I could throw in the washer.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] you are right, he better be thankful :ROFL: and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I will have to try that. I am off Monday so I guess thats where I'll be going. The bad part his when he decides to be a brat and pee is kennel its gonna be an extra pain but since I don't want him to be cold we are gonna try this! Thanks

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Whenever I get a new pad/bed for a dog, I always wash/dry it, then I spray a coating of Bitter Apple over it and let that dry for 20-30 min, then put it down. Only once (with a pug) did I have to mist a second time on the same bed. I always wait till it's dry before giving them access to it, so it doesn't get into their fur. :D

*edit to add a thought... not sure if that would work as well on an existing pad/bed, since they know it's chewable...

Last edited:

Most Reactions