Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
Hello All,

I just posted an introduction thread on the introduction forum.

I have 2 English Bulldog puppies from different breeders.

My beloved female called Piper is 4 months old and she has Tulip ears. Please check her pictures attached.

I got help from Jose here in South Florida (a member of this forum) and we glued her ears for 3 weeks. We did see a small result, but her ears are still pretty much erect.

We left it alone for 3 weeks, and we will re-glue one more time next week.

The breeder is not being helpful at all. But he suggested I find a experienced vet to stitch her ears so the cartilage can be broken. Have you guys ever heard of this procedure in English Bulldogs?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot. Any help is really really appreciated.

Vanize photo 1.jpgPiperEars.jpg

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Aww I think the ears are adorable, lol.

I have no idea about the gluing or anything.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Very cute pup, I would not do anything with the ears, especially if you are not going to show her.

Attachments

• IMG_4194.JPG
    IMG_4194.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 734
  • IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    867.6 KB · Views: 766

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Aww bless, she's adorable :love: I've never heard of stitching the ears, but then I'd never heard of gluing either until a member had a bad experience with it.

Yeah, me. Dont worry about the ears. When she gets older and stops teething they should "rose" for ya. :heart: :heart:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I love her ears!! I didn't realize bully's had to have them "fixed". If it's not necessary I'd leave them be.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is very cute.... I heard of 'taping' the ears but never gluing or stitching.
She is perfect s is....

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I glued Dozers ears because they were quite floppy and his mother had tulip ears. MY vet said NOT to stitch them that the cartilage doesn't break like people think. The problem you face is she is already pretty much too old for gluing them to work very well. Just love them

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I agree with the rest of the pack. As for gluing, I know it should only be done by someone who really knows what they're doing and has done it before. If she's not showing, and she's happy , she's gorgeous, just the way she is

OP
Vanize Andrade

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
I won't be showing her. I guess I just feel frustrated since the breeder told me she had perfect rose ears.. I didn't know better. Some people just take advantage of others in order to make money.. very sad.

I wanted her to look like an English Bulldog, not like a French Bulldog LOL :-)

But yes. she is adorable, very playfull and I love her color.

One more picture...
photo 3 (2).jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
She absolutely does look like an English Bulldog! with the cutest ears :)
But i can understand your frustration w/what the breeder told you. Still, you have yourself a little doll. No need to do anything w/this beautiful girl!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
She absolutely does look like an English Bulldog! with the cutest ears :)<br>But i can understand your frustration w/what the breeder told you. Still, you have yourself a little doll. No need to do anything w/this beautiful girl!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh My Gosh! I love her ears the way they are. They give her so much personality. Don't do anything to her ears. Sending lots of kissies most of them landing on the ears. She's so beautiful and her name is beautiful too! And she looks like a English Bulldog. I had a French Bulldog and they look nothing like Piper. Sorry the breeder misled you but I haven't seen too many perfect rose ears anyway. Just love her and if she's playful like you say consider yourself lucky. She will bring you so much joy. Mostly you need to concentrate on keeping her happy and healthy and putting lots of pictures on EBN so we can ooh and ahh.:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.