Help with Tulip Ears!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I love her ears gives her more personality in my opinion. I can't answer the questions you are asking but my thought is unless it is a problem for her don't mess with a good thing :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My Punkin has one 'frenchie' ear too. Will post a pic later.

I say leave them be ... Because they're beautiful! Uniqueness add to their charm. :yes:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
DON'T GLUE THE EARS!!!!!! Firstly, your bully is PERFECT!! Those ears are adorabull and she will grow into them!! My breeder mentioned to me at 6 weeks that she was going to glue Bogey's ears back to "make them perfect". I strongly asked her NOT to do it because I knew I would never show him, and I didn't care if they flopped a bit. Well, I went to pick him up at 8 weeks and one ear was glued! I was NOT happy. She said the glue would wear off and I could actually "pick it off". Well, 3 weeks later this ear is still glued solid and I started to try and pick it off, but it would not budge. My vet took a look at it and said I would have to be aggressive and peel it off, most likely taking some hair and skin with it. So,bit by bit I got it off, but he was raw and it looked like it was getting infected. Luckily he responded to some bacitracin, but I would NEVER let a breeder do this again!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
DON'T GLUE THE EARS!!!!!! Firstly, your bully is PERFECT!! Those ears are adorabull and she will grow into them!! My breeder mentioned to me at 6 weeks that she was going to glue Bogey's ears back to "make them perfect". I strongly asked her NOT to do it because I knew I would never show him, and I didn't care if they flopped a bit. Well, I went to pick him up at 8 weeks and one ear was glued! I was NOT happy. She said the glue would wear off and I could actually "pick it off". Well, 3 weeks later this ear is still glued solid and I started to try and pick it off, but it would not budge. My vet took a look at it and said I would have to be aggressive and peel it off, most likely taking some hair and skin with it. So,bit by bit I got it off, but he was raw and it looked like it was getting infected. Luckily he responded to some bacitracin, but I would NEVER let a breeder do this again!!

AWE poor Bogey.....muzzies for Bogey, Mean ole breeder!!! :mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I think her ears are adorable!! She definitely looks like an english bulldog not a frenchie!!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She is so freaking cute!! I agree that her ears are perfectly adorable. Leave them be, they're so special.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I have never heard of gluing or stitching a Bulldogs ears, Her ears are Beautiful, let her ears stay this way, nothing needs to be done to her, Beautiful Bully she is.

GregZilla

May 11, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greg
I gave up on trying to fix Greg's ears he has one tuliped ear and one stands straight up. I get the French Bulldog thing. Drives me crazy when people ask. Their face looks nothing like a French bulldog, but I've come to the conclusion that maybe those people just assume any bulldog is a French Bulldog. I always get asked if Greg is mixed because he's Black Trindle and he has that one Fox ear that pokes up. IMG_20200503_101349.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I gave up on trying to fix Greg's ears he has one tuliped ear and one stands straight up. I get the French Bulldog thing. Drives me crazy when people ask. Their face looks nothing like a French bulldog, but I've come to the conclusion that maybe those people just assume any bulldog is a French Bulldog. I always get asked if Greg is mixed because he's Black Trindle and he has that one Fox ear that pokes up. View attachment 119079

Love his ears!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tersabrown25

May 21, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Donut
She is adorable and very charming. I dont think it is good to glued her ears.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I won't be showing her. I guess I just feel frustrated since the breeder told me she had perfect rose ears.. I didn't know better. Some people just take advantage of others in order to make money.. very sad.

I wanted her to look like an English Bulldog, not like a French Bulldog LOL :-)

But yes. she is adorable, very playfull and I love her color.

One more picture...
View attachment 12940
She is just perfect!! My son's EBD Ruger, had those floppy tulip ears, but as he got older, they fell and he looks just fine!! Give it time. I would never risk a surgical procedure for just looks. She is absolutely adorable!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.