Help with Tulip Ears!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I always adore uniqueness so I think she looks perfect. If you ever need reassurance in the future, just stop by here. We'll all tell you how she's a beauty queen in our eyes. We love all ebs, however they look. :luv:

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I started reading this thread, I thought "Tulip Ears" was something very cool and desirable.....turns out, it IS! I like them too and it's part of what makes her special.

When Bea was in her little "fun show", the judge at the show knew Bea's breeder and emailed her pictures of Bea "in action" at the show. (Small bulldog world out here) Then Laura emailed them to me. The comment from the judge was that her ears "would need to be glued" if she were in any more shows, in order to win. I'm like, "WTF?" They're perfect, yo! ha ha Here's a shot from the show. Go figure. You may be interested to know that her ears are totally classic bulldog now. She grew out of the "flops" apparently. They might not be show quality ears but I LUB EM!!!!!
Funmatch - waiting for instructions.jpg

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
My friend in MD told me to glue Bubbas ears when I first got them. I found lots of videos on you tube...So I did. poor guy was miserable. On top of him scratching them, he drinks water out of a fountain by the pool and water got in the folds and got smelly. Trying to get the glue off was horrible! Pulled a lot of his hair off and left his skin sooo red. I felt horrible! That was the end of that! I say leave them. She's too old to have it work now anyway. I love the ears!!!

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Awwwwwww... she lookes so lovely with her ears i can understand you being annoyed with the breeder[or should i say ble.....] but some breeders are not always honest with us[ hense my Walters testicals] but l would not change then for the world

Dieselbaby

Sep 1, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Aww Piper is a gorgeous puppy!! She looks very much like and English Bulldog.. They add character to her look.. I'm sure she makes you smile everyday!! :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If you don't show her, let them be. They even could develope in to perfect roses later and if they don't, She's perfect just like she is.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm with everyone else. She is perfect the way she is, and she has the cutest ears whether they are rose ears or tulip ears, they are as pretty as any flower. Unless you want to show her, I wouldn't worry about her ears, they are as beautiful as she is. Just enjoy your bundle of cuteness. My male Bulldozer developed what the vet said is a severe underbite, after a growth spurt when he was 5 months old, his mouth and jaw were normal when I bought him at 10 weeks old. At 5 months old, he grew, and his lower jaw grew much longer than it should, this causes his upper and lower teeth not t meet, so his mouth doesn't fully close, and his tongue hangs out most of the time. He is also missing a few molars on the lower jaw as well. It doesn't affect him in anyway, other than he eats a little slower than his sister Blossom.
I could have asked for my money back, or got another puppy, as it is a genetic defect, but I didn't want, I never would give him back, I think he is cute and beautiful just the way he is, and it just gives him more character, besides this is the way God made him, and I love him just the way he is. Don't worry about how she looks, or if she looks like a EB or not, she most definetely does and she is beautiful. Enjoy.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
OH MY GOSH She is so cute!! I want to grab her muzzle and give her muzzies (muzzle kisses) my Shelly Bean loves these. I have no advice just wanted to say she is ever so cute and looks very lovable. I wouldn't do anything with her ears and she does look like an English Bulldog a beautiful English Bulldog. As long as she is happy and healthy and like you said your not showing her so I wouldn't do anything with her ears I think they are adorable.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
When I started reading this thread, I thought "Tulip Ears" was something very cool and desirable.....turns out, it IS! I like them too and it's part of what makes her special.

When Bea was in her little "fun show", the judge at the show knew Bea's breeder and emailed her pictures of Bea "in action" at the show. (Small bulldog world out here) Then Laura emailed them to me. The comment from the judge was that her ears "would need to be glued" if she were in any more shows, in order to win. I'm like, "WTF?" They're perfect, yo! ha ha Here's a shot from the show. Go figure. You may be interested to know that her ears are totally classic bulldog now. She grew out of the "flops" apparently. They might not be show quality ears but I LUB EM!!!!!
View attachment 13013

​I love this pic of baby Bea and yea...ears perfect then & now!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi..i'm with everyone else...i love her ears and wouldn't change a thing...she is gorgeous :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Im jumping on the "I love her ears just the way they are" bandwagon! It does make her unique..I love that!

Members online

No members online now.