He's going backwards in his potty training...why??

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So frustrating, this a.m. when Tate woke up he peed in bed! that's my bed, not his bed. Yikes, i got all po'd 'cuz he hasn't done that in weeks and weeks.:nono: He knows he's supposed to go on his wee wee pads. Last night he peed on one of his beds in the living room. He's almost 9mos old and I've been fairly confident that he knows where he's supposed to go potty. Both incidents, btw, happened when i was either cuddling with Finn or cleaning Finn's booty so i was wondering if Tate did that as a rebellion/attention-seeking thing (cuz he sure got my attention)!

I know accidents will happen but it just rattled me a little. He's also too heavy for me to pick up easily and carry while he's squatting in action, to plop him on his pad, so he ends up just staring at me like nothings wrong and completes his duty.:*(

Does this happen to your bullys who are housebroken/potty trained and how do you deal with it?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm:...when Jake was waaay younger..he had a couple "retreats"! But not since then. It sounds like he's trying to get your attention alright. Did he do any of these "accidents" before his neuter? Wish I had the answer....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Aaaaah the teen years. Rebellious is what it is! Each and every time. Mine were about from 7 mos to 10 mos when they started that up. Also could be horomones and harder to control during that time, I am not sure. Just keep an eye out for a UTI, which is another possibility.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I think she hit the nail on the head.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Yah... going through this with Chance. He isn't even allowed up on the bed (ever), but one day he jumped up after running around all over the place, jumped like a crazy monkey all over the bed and then peed all over it. Believe me when I tell you he KNOWS he's not supposed to. :p

Nowadays he's fine (more or less) but if there is a blanket on the floor for him to play with his toys on, it is inevitable that he'll pee on it. If nobody is looking, he marks blankets on the couch, too (or throws them to the floor to mark them). He's almost 10 months so I think, like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said, it's a rebellious phase. It's not as though he can't hold it or doesn't know how to ask to go out.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I feel your pain!!! It is very frustrating, and I only have ONE!! He will go a week accident free, keep in mind on the exact same schedule, then BOOM, for days he will pee or even POO his kennel!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cry::cry::cry::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: I'm at my wits end, just don't know what to do.......so you are not alone....:nope:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Glad to know i'm not alone with this :)

Tate didn't have any accidents this evening so we'll see...

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], he did this prior to neuter as well.

[MENTION=2565]malaviKat[/MENTION], mine also seem to think that blankets and towels on the floor is an invitation for a bathroom break! they do that with their beds too.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Brooke did have a few accidents after being spayed. Not sure if it was the meds or if she was just mad at us for making her have surgery. Might be similar since he was just fixed too.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I feel your pain!!! It is very frustrating, and I only have ONE!! He will go a week accident free, keep in mind on the exact same schedule, then BOOM, for days he will pee or even POO his kennel!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cry::cry::cry::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: I'm at my wits end, just don't know what to do.......so you are not alone....:nope:

This has happened a couple of times with Bo but honestly, it was my fault when it did happen. I may have let him out before bedtime, but if I don't stand there and watch, there's no 100% guarantee he'll do what he was sent out there to do. He's a baby afterall. There's nothing that wakes me up after in the morning than the aroma of fresh poo in the kennel. Talk about SPRINGING out of bed! Bea peed in the "big bed" just one time and I think it's because she didn't know how to ask to get down - so she just squatted. ha ha

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
well we take Chaos out on a leash because we are redoing the gate and he wants to run after the cars, so we watch him potty and give him plenty of time. and he finishes his business and thats why I don't understand. His crate is in my bedroom and he never whines to let us know hes gotta go, he just goes and most of the time its within an hour of going out.....REBELLION.....I say

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online