All White Bulldogs Deaf?

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
If snowy has any coloring at all (freckles on her skin, ears, nose) I do not think it is something you should worry about. Do you have a picture of her? My Mandy is all white but as she got older she got loads of freckles on her skin. She also has a patch of fawn, about the size of a pea, on her cheek under her ear. Noone would ever see it unless I showed it to them.

Here is a picture i Have her, I guess she is not 100% white, maybe 95-98% Here in this picture you can see a little freckle looking spot on her nose

photo3.jpg

I've also noticed she has 2 other small Brown spots about the same size as the one on her nose, 1 on each ear. And after looking closer she has about 2 or 3 Small freckles on her nose not just one, in the picture you can only see on but if you see her up close you'll notice about 3 of them, really hard to tell but they are there, hopefully its a good sign..

I had to give this puppy i originally had back to my Breeder because she had an inguinal Hernia :(

d76b87d6.jpg

I think snowy might have one too but not as bad, i was planning on having a litter or two down the line but i wouldn't risk it if she has a Hernia as well.. and if she does have one i will just keep her, it sucked having to give back the first one i had, i loved her spots / brindles, but i love snowy just as much.

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Attached is a pix of Po @ 7 months. She is all white with very little brown speckles on her fur. She has white lashes. She is not blind or def.
7 months @46lbs 002r.jpg

2babybulldogs

May 21, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno and Bentley
benny.jpg
juno.jpg
Benny is my english bulldog and is 13 weeks old. He is absolutely not deaf. Juno is my 5 month old french/english mix, also not deaf. Bot of my dogs are all white. except some spotting on the tummy of Juno and her ears are brown. And Ben has spotting on his tummy and ears that is blue.

2babybulldogs

May 21, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno and Bentley
benny6.jpg
benny4.jpg
benny5.jpg

Here is my Bentley he is all white. Except his ears have blue spots and his tummy has spots

2babybulldogs

May 21, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno and Bentley
juno6.jpg
juno3.jpg
juno4.jpg

Here is my Juno she is a french/english mix. And all white except brown spots on ears and tummy. She is not deaf either. She also had a herniated belly button. We got it reparied May 11th and she is fully healed and doing great!

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
The white dogs being deaf is urban legend...... The truth about white dogs is they just can't jump.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Perhaps they are confusing deafness with the VERY selective hearing that most bulldogs have.

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
My first bulldog Daisy was deaf. We got her as an adult so we don't know her full history. She was almost all white.
image.jpeg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
White dogs have higher risk, but not all are deaf.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Elmo is all white he does have some freckles on his tummy, and a brown spot on his cheek and ear, he is not deaf or blind.

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
I had a white English setter with brown eyes and one brown spot on her head. She was born deaf. It is because of the white gene. The breeder said the same gene that determines the melatonin in skin and hair determines the Cillia in your ear and other factors that cause deafness. We trained her inside with hand signals and to come inside from outside by turning lights in and off.
There are test that can determine level of deafness often large university's can do it.

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
I heard it was with boxers. But I did ask my vet if Vader (mostly white, one brown ear) was deaf...
She said "No, he is just ignoring you.. its a bully thing"...:whew:

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Miss Porkchop is all white. She's a rescue and listens well especially if I open a bag cookies while she sleeps and perks up fast LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f6656ac73d7faa546f39d26716aebb2c.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.